Appl. Arch & Develop DIR
We're looking for a senior developer to help design, build and implement EDA technical solutions in line with the EDA current strategy. In our fast-paced environment, you'll drive direction of our large scale, big data compute and calculation platform. This job entails working with senior members of the EDA technology team, partners, as well as users of the platform, to understand and drive commercial value from EDA.
- Work as part of a highly collaborative team in design and implementation of various components across Regulatory Risk Technology initiatives.
- Communicate design ideas and take part in peer reviews
- Partner with other IT developers who are users of said components
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You Offer
- 10+ years experience with multi-threaded distributed systems, messaging systems, Core Java and C++ programming, big data technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, and MongoDB.
- Deep understanding of core Java libraries such as concurrency, collection and networking
- Demonstrable Java testing skills (e.g. JUnit or Mockito)
- JDBC is a plus
- Java2D, JPA, JMS are pluses
- Understanding dependency graph calculation paradigm, as needed for risk calculation, as well as data flow dependency calculation
- Hardworking self-starter able to take ownership of issues and drive them to successful delivery
- Strong understanding of architectural issues regarding large financial computing platforms
- Experience in object and relational data stores
- Efficient communications with global team members and other colleagues
- Great teammate
- Develop and unit test code in a rapid moving and changing environment
- Strong design skills and ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Strong problem solving skills
- 12+ years of experience with IB front office risk system
- Experience of being involved in delivering large scale distributed systems
- Strong background in data analysis within complex software environments
- Capable of describing practical analysis techniques used in order to achieve goals
- Undergraduate/Master's degree in computer science or related field (e.g. math or EE)
- Fluent written and spoken English is a must