Application Support Analyst
Our Team Shared Services Tech (SST)
owns the ecosystem through which BNY Mellon's products and services are delivered to our clients and our internal business operations teams. We provide Custody/Cash/Settlement services, run BNYM's digital platform (NEXEN) along with associated shared services, oversee the technology portfolio for Alternative Investments and Sub-Accounting products, and drive operational transformation through technology to make our clients and us more efficient. OST's world-class engineers build solutions with an 'empathy first' principle. We believe that our products and services are superior when we know our clients, users, and partners - and that the more embedded we are with them and the more we interact with them, the more empathy we exercise. The SST Production Services Team
is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. Our Production Services team runs the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Our mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment.
Our team members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will take our company into the future. If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company's top priorities, this is the place for you. The Role
As a Support Analyst
within our Shared Service (SST) Production Services
team, you will be responsible for the maintenance, support, and operations of core software applications. This includes ensuring functionality of applications are aligned with the organization's priorities and enabling team is responsible for application support, incident, problem, change, and SCM.
Our team will work closely with the application development organization on the implementation of changes to production and will be responsible for ongoing operations of the production applications. Key Responsibilities:
- Individual is responsible for the Production Support, Deployment & Migration, and Maintenance for BNYM applications are aligned with the organizations.
- Verifying the availability infrastructure functionality on UNIX / Linux / Windows/ Mainframe platforms
- Analyze applications & databases hosted on the servers
- Responsible for all Wellness Checks, and if any issues, serve as a primary driver to resolution.
- Priority assessment, incident investigation & diagnosis, execute Knowledge Base triage steps in standard operating procedure (SOP).
- Troubleshoot issues delving into root cause efforts and ability to handle disparate types of client inquiries.
- Maintain service uptime and MTTM / MTTR targets as service level agreements.
- Provide technical support for the applications, understanding their data flow and end user interfaces.
- Perform deep dives into issues and have an ability to diagnose and resolve application and/or escalate to ensure optimal performance.
Maintains and supports moderately complex applications and their operating environments. Performs complex troubleshooting as a subject matter expert in one or more applications. Works to ensure appropriate monitoring and alerting setup. Leads root cause analysis and problem management for complex problems to address underlying technical issues. Collaborates with business and application development stakeholders. Lead production readiness reviews for new releases and validate the supportability of changes prior to introduction into production. Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any complex issues. Recommends technical solutions on application problems. Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes. Performs periodic tests of disaster recovery processes. Reviews and analyzes product migrations through all systems environments. May review and execute Change Management scripts. Leads major incident management calls for resolution of high priority incidents. May mentor or provide guidance for junior team members. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree is beneficial 8-10 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree is beneficial 8-10 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Broad technology experience including UNIX, Windows, and mainframe application development or support.
- Experience in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Management foundations.
- Tooling experience with MoogSoft, CloudProber, AppDynamics, GIT, Jenkins, ServiceNow.
- PowerShell and visual basic scripting
- SQL administration and query building
- Basic DB administration and query building
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools GIT, JIRA, ServiceNow, Ansible, Kibana, Solarwinds,
- Experience with Linux (RHEL), Apache, Tomcat,.NET, Sybase, Oracle, Websphere
- Strong production support background
- Incident & problem management background
- Experience supporting mission critical platforms, operation and applications.
- Knowledge of Network Technology (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated ability to do multi-tasking, where the individual has to handle multiple application requests from various sources.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Shared Services And Technology-HR13644} Requisition Number: