- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Applications Support Senior Manager
Applications Support Senior Manager
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18054800
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Are you a leader of people?
Are you someone who pays attention to detail, stays focused and ensures nothing falls through the cracks under your supervision?
Do you enjoy mentoring people and developing them to be their best?
Great news, we might have an exciting career opportunity for you!
Citi technology are seeking a highly motivated front office IT professional to lead our GSM Level 2 Production Services team support group globally and onboard the Accelerate applications into Production.
The GSM Level 2 Production Support team is responsible for the production environment for a wide range of applications ranging from Pricing, Risk management, Sales tools, to Risk and PNL consolidation and Batch.
The Accelerate project will see the GSM L2 Support team onboard 4 brand new applications and create a new 4 person team (based in Mississauga and Shanghai).
Role / Position Overview
We are searching for a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who will lead the Global Level 2 support functions for Spread Products - Securitized Mortgages businesses. We work in partnership with the business running the application production platform, providing quick resolutions to their issues, drive stability, efficiency and effectiveness improvements to help us and the business succeed.
The GSM Level 2 Support team has team members in New York, Canada, UK and China.
The role will entail people management, working closely with senior business partners, developing application knowledge, driving and tracking projects around stability and service improvement, incident resolution and follow-up activities and providing strategic technical solutions.
You will develop detailed knowledge across Fixed Income Spread Products
You will be working closely with your counterparts in the UK, US, Canada and Shanghai operating in a follow-the-sun global model, along with application developers and business analysts in the team.
- Ability to handle incidents, problems and change at a global enterprise level. Calm and analytical when faced with major incidents on critical systems.
- Champion stability initiatives to enable application high availability for Business-As-Usual which includes better monitoring, failover and resiliency
- Performs controlled resolution of incidents and problems including prioritization and escalation to relevant groups when appropriate, root cause analysis of all problems with follow-through to resolution.
- Communicate effectively with operations and technology partners on a regional or global basis.
- Working closely as a trusted partner for senior business heads
- Focus on people development and deputize for the regional Spread Products support manager.
- Successfully complete the onboarding of the new Accelerate applications into Production.
- Reward and recognition is based on performance merit, opportunities exist for staff with the ability and determination to have a rewarding career.
- You will gain significant experience of the advanced technologies used to run our business regionally and globally, giving you the vast exposure to new and existing methodologies and systems.
- You will gain people management experience, working closely with your team on their career development.
- Work-Life Balance - At Citi, we offer flexible work plans which give employees and managers the chance to meet personal and business needs allowing for alternative schedules to customary business hours.
- Experience with people management.
- Experience with application support would be an added advantage, but not essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, great teammate.
- UNIX (AIX/ Linux) environment
- Databases - Oracle, Microsoft SQL
- Knowledge on Geneos ITRS monitoring would be an added advantage
- Bachelor's Degree
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.