- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Applications Support Senior Manager
Applications Support Senior Manager
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18051910
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Are you a leader of people?
Are you someone who pays attention to detail, stays focused and ensures nothing falls through the cracks under your supervision?
Do you enjoy mentoring people and developing them to be their best?
Great news, we might have an exciting career opportunity for you!
The Futures, Clearing & Collateral (FCC) technology application support group provides technical and business support for Citi's Futures execution and clearing business. Products supported include Exchange traded derivatives and OTC Cleared derivatives & collaterals. The suite of applications used in FCC are essential to the success of business, providing trade capture and maintenance for Trading, Sales, Clearing flows to Middle Office and Operations of various business lines in Citi and service several external clients directly with data and reporting flow.
The FCC(Futures, Clearing and Collateral) Support team is responsible for the production environment for a wide range of applications ranging from trading, Middle office and clearing, to Risk and PNL consolidation, providing application support to our Futures and OTC Clearing and Collateral businesses.
Role / Position Overview
Citi technology is seeking a highly motivated front/middle office IT professional to lead our Production Services teams in North America.
In this role, you will manage and liaise closely with your colleagues in the Mississauga, Pune, London, and Singapore to ensure 'follow the sun' support coverage of various FCC applications. As a Regional lead of the Asia Support team you will be required manage the teams in US and Canada to provide on-site/near shore cover between to business start-up and close, and any additional demands of the business. Occasional requirements to arrange and manage weekend coverage on a rotational basis to support releases cycles, and participate in disaster recovery testing. As a regional lead you will also be in charge of business communications to stakeholders and PS management and any escalations.
- Manage PS team providing support to Futures and OTC Clearing technology applications.
- Manage day to day support activities and requests by prioritizing urgent and important issues with the Belfast support team.
- Ensure start of day checks, continuous monitoring, and regional handover are carried out between inter regional teams.
- Perform Incident and Problem reviews for FCC applications and carry out data Incident quality review regularly
- Expected to be able to raise problems to appropriate technology and business teams, while adhering to Service Level Agreements.
- Act as single point of contact for regional escalations from stakeholder groups.
- Act as a liaison between users/traders, interfacing internal technology groups and vendors.
- Perform weekly incident/problem reviews with stakeholders and provide progress updates.
- Active involvement in and ownership of Support Project items, covering Stability, Efficiency, and Effectiveness initiatives.
- Collaboration with Development colleagues to prioritize bug fixes and support tooling requirements.
- Ensure all productions issues are logged and updated as per the Support team policies and procedures.
- Effectively share information with other support team members and with other technology teams.
- Citi established the regional Operations and Technology Centre in New York and this expansion effort is continuing in our technology teams. With reward and recognition based on performance merit, opportunities exist for staff with the ability and determination to have a rewarding career.
- You will gain significant experience of the advanced technologies used to run our business regionally and globally, giving you the vast exposure to new and existing methodologies and systems.
- You will gain people management experience, working closely with your team on their career development.
- Work-Life Balance - At Citi, we offer flexible work plans which give employees and managers the chance to meet personal and business needs allowing for alternative schedules to customary business hours.
- Experience with people management.
- Prior experience with managing IT production services team would be an added advantage, but not essential.
- Managerial skills to lead and drive a local team of individual contributors.
- Working knowledge of Oracle SQL.
- Working knowledge of UNIX (Solaris/Linux). (
- Strong analytical skills & attention to detail
- IT (spreadsheet/analytical/modelling skills)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under stress and time constraints.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.