Ariba Technology Manager
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 19 Oct 18
Ariba Technology Manager
Spend Management Technology is seeking a strong technical manager with extensive experience developing and managing enterprise wide corporate applications. The individual must understand strategic sourcing, procurement and accounts payable processes and related regulatory and compliance requirements.
This individual will drive the design, implementation, and operation of new systems, enhancements of existing systems, as well as associated interfacing systems. The ideal candidate is technically strong, enjoys being hands-on as well as has strategic view, and is able to provide detailed technical guidance, coaching, and leadership to a team of engineers.
- Architect, design, build, test and operate the accounts payable technology portfolio which includes software as a service and proprietary applications
- Lead a global development team of employees and vendor partner resources
- Devise a technology road map and effectively articulate with the benefits and risks associated with the technology investments
- Monitor technical quality of work products and ensure adherence best practices and to departmental and corporate standards.
- Facilitate positive and solution-oriented discussions with key cross functional business stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with clients to define and implement effective and efficient solutions to business challenges and opportunities
- Drive results through effective leadership and the cultivation of a collaborative team environment that inspires the team to achieve their objectives.
- Translate emerging technologies into applications that will solve impactful business issues and drive growth
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of experience working as a technical manager with 3+ years direct management experience
- 5+ years of development experience as hands-on developer in Information Technology
- Extensive experience with SaaS applications, SAP Ariba, Ariba ITK, and SAP Concur
- Deep knowledge of strategic sourcing, procurement, and expense management business practices and processes
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Ability to drive blueprint workshops and communicate directly with business users
- Demonstrated success in delivering robust finance solutions
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to work and manage in a high energy, fast paced, deadline driven, multiple project, multiple customer environment, meeting high expectations.
- Experience successfully managing a vendor partner relationship
- Proven track record of using data to make fact based decisions.
- Must be highly motivated and a self-starter with the ability to learn quickly
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and promote friendly, positive, and informative interactions with all clients and partners
- Experience in working with agile lifecycle is a plus.
- Experience with Spend Visibility, Risk Management, SAP AP/FA, a plus
- Experience with Ariba Cloud Integration 8 or higher a plus
- Understanding of taxware integration or tax solutions such as Vertex is a plus
- Experience with Fieldglass a plus