- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Assistant Director - Senior Software Engineer
Location: New York, NY, USAWe are seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our Search team located in New York office to be part of a number of strategic projects. Candidate will be part of Agile Search team and will be responsible for enhancing the Search experience across multiple Moody's delivery platforms like www.moodys.com and api.moodys.com. Candidate will also be working on building Recommendation and Personalization engines using machine learning capabilities. Looking for a hands-on developer who will also be part designing solutions to complex business problems. Lead multiple small projects and/or one large project with support from more senior members of the team
- Contribute to ongoing feature development, specializing in Search functionality
- Work closely with vendors and architects to apply new models and features to influence the Search Engine
- Assist in designing and developing new projects and enhancements based on evolving business needs
- Optimize search queries and indexing strategies for performance and scale
- Explore and provide recommendations on new features and technologies related to search
- Work with the development team leads(Software Architects) on the technical and architectural direction of projects.
- Work with cross functional, globally dispersed development teams to support development efforts to meet business requirements
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance of software. Interact with internal users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Minimum of 5+ years of Programming experience with BS in Computer Science or related major. Master's degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of Java/J2EE web service stack experience
- 3+ years of Apache Solr, Lucene or other search frameworks
- 2+ years of SQL and NoSQL(preferably MongoDB) technologies
- Experience with taxonomy-driven faceted search is a plus
- Experience with search engine internals related to indexing, querying, boosting and relevancy is a big plus.
- Experience with any CI/CD (Jenkins) technologies is preferred.
- A great attitude in continually learning, growing and sharing your technical skills
- Experience with Agile Development methodology is a plus.
- Experience of GIT, Apache Maven are desirable.
- Experience working with Apache Spark is a big plus.
- Experience working with Recommender Models in Machine learning is a big plus.
- Experience working with AWS resources is a big plus.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.