Model Developer Associate Director - Structured Finance
The Location: New York, NY The Team:
The Structured Finance (SF) Methodologies team is responsible for a large portfolio of criteria and models spanning the global SF universe including CMBS, RMBS, CLO, Covered Bonds, Non-Traditional and ABS asset types. The criteria and models that the group develops and maintains help analysts produce independent credit ratings that increase S&P Global's analytical relevance in the market. As a Methodology Model SME, you will be embedded within the SF team and work closely with the Model and Criteria SMEs, which is responsible for developing and maintaining a growing portfolio of cutting-edge quantitative tools and analysis that enable analysts to continually produce high quality and transparent credit analysis. The Impact:
The Associate Director will enhance our ability to produce high-impact, insightful research and models and grow our relevance in an evolving market by synthesizing, analyzing, and deriving value from datasets, developing innovative analytic solutions and tools, and helping to build data analytics capabilities across the SF team. What's in it for you?
- Leverage your quantitative abilities to develop analytic solutions and tools that enable our credit analysts to perform high quality analysis and research;
- Explores new areas for research and aids in business development initiatives. Supervises and performs implementation and testing of quantitative models as prototypes and production engines using the Quantitative Toolbox as appropriate, to further the study, application and acceptance of quantitative methodologies as part of the firm's businesses;
- Challenging, steep learning curve and the position could lead to continued growth within the organization by demonstrating strong analysis and presentation skills;
- Gain analytic knowledge of a wide range of global sectors and market topics;
- Gain exposure to stakeholders across S&P Ratings; and
- Enjoy a strong collegial, collaborative environment.
What We're Looking For:
- Develop and maintain nimble, user-friendly quantitative solutions and tools that will be used by credit analysts globally in credit rating analyses and research publications;
- Synthesize and analyze large datasets to derive analytic value and insights for credit rating analyses and research publications;
- Focus on identifying areas for new, creative solutions and continuous improvement;
- Provide insight to the team in solving complex, non-routine problems/tasks;
- Maintain close interaction with analysts, model developers, and subject matter experts to ensure that data analyses and tools effectively inform analytical decisions;
- Work closely with the Model and Criteria Validation group to ensure a high quality product;
- Write clear, concise specifications and development documentation to ensure consistent and thorough documentation in accordance with policy and procedures; and
- Support criteria projects and be an active member of projects including testing of new concepts, data gathering, writing and preparation of materials.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance, Financial Engineering, Statistics, Quantitative Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related field;
- Masters or advanced degree optional.
- 3-5 years work experience in relevant field;
- Knowledge of capital markets, financial instruments with an emphasis on credit risk modeling are preferred;
- Basic understanding of database modeling/design and applications. Knowledge of SQL and experience in databases such as Oracle, Sybase, or Access would be beneficial;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/VBA and programming languages, namely R, Python, C++, Matlab.
- Persistent with a natural curiosity about credit markets and technical details.
- Displays well-rounded communication skills that implement good listening techniques, clear and good verbal skills. The ability to communicate across a wide range of groups and personalities internally and externally.
- Works well in a team environment, focusing on collaboration and adapting to the needs of a diverse team.
- A self-starter that can work independently, but also able to collaborate with large groups that come from diverse backgrounds;
- The ability to quickly and concisely summarize quantitative concepts to the analytical community, who have a wide range of technical skillsets;
- Experience with multi-stage projects;
- Excellent time management and ability to plan, prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to facilitate and multi-task;
- Strong customer service skills; and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to think creatively to solve problems.
S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide. S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
258093 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States