Associate/VP, Business Management & Strategy
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Aug 18 2018-08-19
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
We are in the market for a business strategy and transformation associate to support the lead Business Strategist and COO of APG and serve as a key member of the staff responsible for various COO activities, APG recruiting and growth initiatives, and coordination across APG. The business strategy associate will direct and/or support project management within APG in close partnership with our other tech partners around the firm. He/she will assist with internal and external communications, and help senior APG leadership team with important people and culture initiatives. This business strategy associate will partner closely with our colleagues in marketing and communication to ensure we are communicating our tech strategy and positioning the firm as a technology thought leader internally and externally.
Key responsibilities for the Business Strategist will include:
- Draft presentations for APG Executive Committee, APG Operating Committee, leadership summits, offsites, external and internal conferences/meetings and other senior management discussions
- Partner with HR to help manage growth strategy; work closely with team leads and managers to engage APG during the recruiting process with a focus on executive hiring
- Manage relationship development internally and externally. Serve as an APG ambassador to the firm and drive connectivity for leadership through insights, strategic introductions and participation in events
- Recommend opportunities to improve APG’s engagement with senior leaders across BlackRock and bring sharp focus to APG/technology within BlackRock
- Manage the program of work for accelerating technology thought leadership inside BlackRock and through external forums in the marketplace to scale reach
- Act as a key partner with HR and senior APG leadership to facilitate organizational enhancements to drive success across the business
- Create an environment for APG to lead the firm in cultural initiatives and work place enrichment through sub-committees and partnership with Talent Team
- Support the strategic planning process across APG, working closely with APG’s Aladdin Product Management team and key business leads
- Monitor APG wide initiatives and assist in moving them forward
- Assist the COO team in the development, implementation, and tracking of key projects and briefings
- Partner with APG leadership to prioritize all initiatives and projects to ensure overall efficiency
- Actively partner with APG leadership to drive results within their team objectives
Qualified candidates must demonstrate the following qualities:
- Passion for technology
- Team player
- Problem solving: think logically and deconstruct a larger problem into sub-components, prioritize issues and allocate resources
- Process management: Efficiently manage project processes, navigate trade-offs and effectively manage own and other’s time
- Interpersonal skills: ability to engage diverse set of stakeholders, understand their viewpoints, build long-term relationships, create a collaborative and inspirational environment within the team
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to synthesize and analyze large quantities of data to create useful information and concise analyses
- Ability to effectively manage projects; results oriented and able to “roll-up the sleeves” in order to accomplish necessary tasks
- Structured communication skills: ability to communicate complex ideas top-down, ask targeted questions to arrive at solutions
- Facility with various communication methods including Prezi, Ted Talks, MeetUps, PowerPoint and memos
- Precision / attention to detail
- Ability to work across diverse markets and cultures
- Extremely high attention to detail and strong work ethic
- BS/BA or equivalent
At the heart of BlackRock, is the Aladdin Product Group (APG), the team responsible for designing, building and running Aladdin, BlackRock’s investment and operating technology platform. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry’s thought leaders to build innovative and next generation products that shape the financial markets. We are 1,500+ strong and we eat, live and breathe technology. We partner with our end users to deeply understand their business strategy and build technology to help them get there. We think big about new opportunities and ways technology can change the financial services ecosystem. Our COO team works closely with senior leaders within APG and across BlackRock to define technology strategy with key BlackRock businesses, develop the Aladdin product roadmap, and drive execution across the engineering, testing and operational teams within APG.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.