Associate/Vice President - Stress Testing Portfolio Team
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The talent and passion of our people is critical to our continued success as a firm. Together, we share five core values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic:
1. Putting Clients First
2. Doing the Right Thing
3. Leading with Exceptional Ideas
4. Giving Back
5. Committing to Diversity and Inclusion
Morgan Stanley is committed to helping its employees build meaningful careers and we strive to be a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Firm Risk Management
Firm Risk Management (FRM) enables Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Our mission is to serve as the follow roles:
• Independent agent to set consistent principles and disciplines for risk management
• Strategic advisor to Firm management for setting risk appetite and allocating capital
• Industry leader to influence and meet regulatory standards
You will collaborate with colleagues across FRM and the Firm to protect the Firm's capital base and franchise, advise businesses and clients on risk mitigating strategies, develop tools and methodologies to analyze and monitor risk, contribute to key regulatory initiatives and report on risk exposures and metrics to enable informed and strategic decision-making. Through thoughtful analysis and clear communication we are best able to bring our ideas to the table and improve the Firm.
Firm Risk Management values diversity and is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees.
Firm Risk Management's unique franchise promotes:
• F lat, flexible and integrated global organization
• Collaboration and teamwork
• Credible, independent decision-making
• Organizational influence
• Creative and practical solutions
• Meritocratic and diverse culture Position Description
Morgan Stanley seeks an Associate or Vice President level candidate to join the Firm Risk Management Stress Testing Portfolio Team to support the Firm's regulatory stress testing programs. Focus areas include analysis of stress loss scenarios and results.
The role involves working with a variety of business units and risk professionals across the organization. This position offers opportunities to gain exposure to all aspects of stress testing and capital planning and to senior risk managers. The group works in close collaboration with subject matter experts in Market, Credit, Operational Risk, Capital, Risk Analytics, Reporting and MRM, as well as other departments within the Firm.
Primary job responsibilities include:
• Analyze portfolio-wide stress loss results and work with stakeholders to understand key loss drivers and variances over time
• Develop methods and tools to streamline and increase efficiencies of various processes across stress testing work streams
• Produce documentation and presentations to effectively communicate key information to senior management and regulators
• Periodically evaluate complex stress testing model methodologies
• Working with stakeholders across Market, Credit and Operational Risk, Model Risk Management, Risk Analytics and other areas to ensure adherence to regulatory guidance and best practices
• Initiate and execute projects to enhance processes to support governance and controls, including attestation, challenge and senior management review
• Develop and update stress testing policies and procedures, taking into account current regulatory expectations and Firm practices Qualifications: Skills Required
• Attention to detail and ability to prioritize projects and workload
• Experience working under pressure and performing to tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
• Excellent academic background
• Proven leadership abilities and relationship building skills
• Knowledge of common statistical packages (SQL, VBA, R) a plus
• Familiarity/Experience with CECL accounting rules a plus
• Experience with stress testing models (development, validation, or model user) is a plus