Associate - Investment Banking - Latin America Group
Jefferies Investment Banking Latin America Group provides a full suite of advisory and capital markets capabilities to clients across a number of sectors in Latin America. POSITION:
The Latin American Group is actively looking for an Associate for our New York office to help support the Latin American team. Many companies are headquartered in the region, and multiple International companies have operations or are planning to start operations in Latin America, and the region is experiencing significant economic growth. The candidate will be working closely with the Head of the Latin America Group and other Managing Directors with a focus on a region with significant M&A, equity and debt deal activity in various industries. The candidate will also have the opportunity to learn how to be a calling officer and will ultimately have the ability to call on private and public companies over the next several years. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the execution of equity and debt financings, M&A, and restructuring and recapitalization transactions.
- Perform financial valuation, discounted cash flow, pro forma merger, precedent transaction, and comparable companies' analyses.
- Prepare pitch books and live deal materials, including offering memoranda, confidential. information memoranda, management presentations, lender presentations, and prospectuses.
- Analyze detailed corporate and financial information, as well as conduct due diligence.
- Develop client relationships through deal execution and pitching.
These responsibilities afford direct and active interaction with the senior executive management teams of our clients. Qualifications REQUIRED BACKGROUND:
DESIRED EXPERIENCE SKILLS:
- Fluent in Spanish or Portuguese.
- Familiar with business and capital markets environment in Latin America.
- An MBA with 1+ years of investment banking experience or an Undergraduate degree with 3+ years of investment banking experience.
- Work on the execution of mandates for Latin American clients in which language skills are critical.
- Familiarity with basic modeling and structuring for cross broader M&A transactions and structuring and execution process for debt and equity capital market offerings.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-lingual projects.
- Currently living in New York, or willing to relocate.
- Excellent financial modeling, financial statement analysis, and accounting skills / knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to lead a variety of transactions and projects simultaneously.
- Resourceful self-starter; able to work autonomously.
- Demonstrated team player and leader.