- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Analyst 3
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Associate Analyst 3 will provide technical support and research assistance to the Default and Ratings Analytics (DRA) team within Credit Strategy and Standards (CSS).
The Associate Analyst 3 will:
• Maintain databases of default and impairment information.
• Publish research on defaults, impairments, ratings accuracy and ratings volatility.
• Prepare presentations concerning ratings performance.
• Support senior analysts in default research and quantitative projects.
• Utilize MATLAB, SQL, and Excel to query and manipulate ratings, default, and impairment data and to conduct statistical analysis.
• Assist with ad-hoc projects and fulfill internal and external data requests.
DRA publishes sector- and region-specific research on MIS' ratings performance and emerging credit trends. DRA also produces critical regulatory reports and provides statistics to rating teams internally to assist in improving ratings quality.
CSS oversees the development and review of rating methodologies across MIS. CSS also oversees the application of rating methodologies to the ratings process, is responsible for setting credit strategy, and coordinates with the rating teams to drive thematic research.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, or other quantitative field.
- Knowledge of finance, economics, and statistics.
- Strong quantitative and analytical problem solving skills.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and function in a support role.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to manage own workflow/priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Bloomberg.
- Experience with querying languages such as SQL.
- Data mining experience with large financial databases.
- Experience with MATLAB and/or other programming languages.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.