- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Sep 17
Associate Analyst 3 – US Surveillance COS ABS
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
As an Associate Analyst, your key function will be to provide analytical, research and logistical assistance to analysts and managers in Structured Finance Group. The initial focus in this job will be on data, quantitative and cash flow analysis and will include all or some of the following functions:
- Assist in the preparation and management of rating committees and deal reviews by gathering and analyzing data, running models, sourcing analytical information, preparing charts, and helping to prepare required documentation.
- Understand and learn how to use complex financial models, spreadsheets and analytical databases.
- Work with a team of analysts on various analytical, statistical and data projects. Utilize SQL, Excel, Microsoft Access or MATLAB to query and manipulate large data sets to conduct data analysis.
- Using VB Script, SQL, C++, and other development tools, contribute to increasing automation and efficiency of the rating and monitoring process through development of macros, tools, and other process optimization techniques.
- Develop an understanding of Moody's methodologies to assist analysts in applying them to rating analyses.
The Department / Team:
The successful candidate will join our structured finance group (SFG) in New York
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree required. Preferred majors include Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, International Studies, Law, or Science or related discipline.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint - especially Microsoft Excel skills including VBA. Ability to use MATLAB, Microsoft Visual Studio with C/C++ code, Microsoft Access or SQL is a positive.
- Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment; ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize, to work collaboratively within a team and to consistently meet deadlines.
- Keen attention to detail; highly organized and efficient.
- 0-2 years of finance-related analytical experience, preferably involving asset back securities.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.