- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Sep 17
Associate Analyst 3 - Credit Estimates
Location: New York, NY, USARole/Responsibilities:
The Associate Analyst 3 will provide point-in-time credit analysis for unrated entities, corporate loans, mezzanine debt and bonds as requested by CLO Collateral Managers for inclusion in Moody's rated CLOs (collateralized loan obligations).
The role requires a solid accounting background with strong focus in financial analysis and good presentation skills. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their ability to work effectively individually and in a team environment. The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong organizational skills, demonstrate attention to detail, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
The AA3 position provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry. This will be an internally facing role, reporting into the RRS Team Manager.
- Perform credit analysis of leveraged finance issuers, primarily North American small and medium enterprises
- Complete subsequent updates of credit estimates
- Interpret and analyze financial data
- Identify trends in data and use analytical ability, applying judgment to form well thought out credit conclusions
- Review rating documentation, including credit agreements and bond indentures
- Coordinate on policy and operational initiatives with Moody's Structured Finance Group and other Analytical Teams within Moody's Corporate Finance Group
Ratings Research and Support
- Minimum undergraduate/ first level degree (e.g. Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent qualifications).
- Preferably some relevant credit analysis experience
- Good accounting background (e.g., through coursework, progress to CFA (or equivalent), or relevant work experience).
- Well-developed IT skills including advanced Excel, Word and Power Point
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Able to work using own initiative without close supervision
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.