Associate, Commercial Mortgage Investments
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Nuveen Investments
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
Associate, Commercial Mortgage Investments
TH Real Estate, an operating division of TIAA Global Asset Management, is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the world with c.$97bn in AUM. Managing a suite of nearly 80 funds and mandates spanning both debt and equity across diverse geographies, sectors, investment styles and vehicle types, we provide access to every aspect of real estate investing. With offices in 18 cities throughout the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific, over 450 professionals and 60 years of investing experience, the platform offers impressive local expertise coupled with a sophisticated global perspective.
Our investment, asset management and corporate strategies grow from a deep understanding of the structural trends that we believe will shape the future of real estate and responsible investing beyond market cycles. This 'Tomorrow's World' approach sits at the core of our investment process and business operations, informing our long-term view of real estate investments for the enduring benefit of both clients and society. www.threalestate.com.
TH Real Estate is seeking an analytically strong individual with minimum 3 years of relevant commercial real estate finance experience who is eager to pursue an opportunity to progress on the Commercial Mortgage Origination team in either the San Francisco, Newport Beach, Chicago, Charlotte or New York offices. The right individual must have a strong command of real estate financial analysis, including Excel cash flow modeling, ARGUS software utilization and modeling, and an understanding of capital markets, as well as solid critical thinking and communications skills to be successful.
The position provides an opportunity to work in a high profile, dynamic and creative environment in an institution with a long history of commercial real estate investing. The ideal candidate will have underwriting experience in core and value add investment strategies for both short term, floating and fixed rate loans, and longer term fixed rate permanent loans secured by all real estate product types, including multifamily, retail, industrial, office.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Support Origination Officers in the origination of mortgages secured by commercial real estate properties; including support during the due-diligence and closing process.
- Perform ARGUS and/or Excel financial analysis and transaction support for debt originations including transitional floating rate debt and fixed rate debt, including senior and subordinated (mezz and B-notes).
- Provide analytic support and loan underwriting to senior commercial mortgage professionals on the structured finance team, including discounted cash flows, financial and credit analyses of properties, locations, markets, borrowers and other due diligence.
- Contribute to key documentation including credit committee memorandum, loan applications, commitments and other associated documents.
Perform ongoing market and property specific research.
- Assist with the regular input and updating of the commercial mortgage pipeline.
- Participate in industry events to gain industry knowledge, network with industry peers, and increase the team's presence in the market.
Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Real Estate or Economics. Other majors considered depending on experience.
- Minimum of 3 years' directly relevant experience with a real-estate related organization.
- Proficient in ARGUS, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong financial/quantitative and critical thinking skills.
- Masters degree or CFA.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated team player with positive work ethic and comfort working in a fast paced demanding environment.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.