Associate Director/Director - Leveraged Finance
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Ratings currently seeks an Associate Director / Director with Leveraged Finance experience to join our Corporates, Business and Relationship Management (BRM) team in New York. As part of the Banker and Private Equity Marketing team within BRM, the candidate will work closely with a senior team of experienced Leveraged Finance professionals. The primary role will be responsibility for leading business development for new rating mandates in special situations such as restructurings and esoteric corporate asset classes such as back-levered financings. While most situations are likely to be non-investment grade, some may be IG as the asset class / investor demand dictates. In addition, the role will involve screening for new rating opportunities and coordinating outreach based off leveraged finance loan/bond technicals. The role will require partnering alongside the Team's senior director/managing director(s) in engaging, developing and maintaining relationships with relevant bankers, advisors, boutiques and private equity professionals.
The principal objective is to contribute to generating new Corporate rating mandates through relationship development and consistent, targeted marketing
• Efforts shall be focused on developing new and enhancing existing relationships with senior banking and PE professionals, ultimately leading to new ratings mandates, revenue opportunities and dialogue across the leverage loan and fixed income capital markets
• Liaise with other BRM colleagues in New York, San Francisco, Chicago (Banker, PE, Issuer and Investor teams), as well as EMEA groups to coordinate firm messaging, target lists and assist in the development of relationships
• Responsible for research, development, preparation and presentation of marketing messages to external parties highlighting factors which differentiate Fitch and its published ratings and research from the competition
• Developing pitch books, marketing case studies and content applicable to a specific sector or vertical for an upcoming or prospective meeting
• Creating, coordinating and implementing outreach plans
• Minimum of 7+ years experience preferably in Leveraged Finance from a bulge bracket bank or boutique
• Ability to travel as required
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .