- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Director – Senior Implementation Consultant (IFRS 17)
Location: New York, NY, USAThe successful candidate will join our growing line of business responsible for products and services we deliver to the insurance industry. Over the years, Moody's Analytics has been developing awards-winning solutions and has a large global client footprint in the insurance market segment. The recent IFRS17 actuarial and accounting standard is a new opportunity for Moody's Analytics for which we are investing and hiring new people for another potential success story.
The successful candidate will be appointed as a Senior Implementation Consultant for the Americas. Given the nature of IFRS 17, this role involves being able to handle functional and technical facets of the standard (including actuarial, accounting expertise) to demonstrate expertise and technical knowledge to maintain high level of value perceived in our products and services with our customers and partners.
This role also covers multiple aspects: supporting Sales Cycle, implementing and supporting our solution and later on helping with client retention.
The position presents a great opportunity for highly motivated individuals who wish to join a highly visible growth initiative within a leading company in the market.
Frequent travels will be required to meet with clients, consultants and internal teams.
The Role / Responsibilities:
In this position, you will play an important role within our Solutions Implementation team, focussed on delivering high quality software implementation for our customers in the Insurance sector. In particular, you will be involved in the following implementation activities .
- Support Sales Cycles
- Customize demonstrations
- Support trials
- Develop and implement proof of concept
- Participate to case studies
- Engage in RFP response
- Support partners and lead functional implementation
- Training clients and partners on our solutions.
- Lead project streams, provide direction and assistance to the project team implementing Moody's software, performing analysis, producing documentation, and preparing presentations.
- Answering expert questions
- Create confidence with clients and partners. Demonstrate subject matter knowledge and a commitment to excellence to all current and prospective clients.
- Ensure that assigned deliverables are provided to clients on time and on budget
- Participate to knowledge sharing
- Present new features and product enhancements
- Build close relationship with clients and collect feedbacks to contribute to our solution enhancements and client focus solutions
- Provide support and closely collaborate with Project Managers directing customer deployments.
- Support customer retention efforts
- Provide regular expertise support to our customers, assessing their usage of MA Products
- Participate to User Groups
- Present new solutions
- Stay up to date with Product updates and improvements
- Keep a current knowledge of the evolving regulations impacting the Insurance Industry (e.g. Solvency II, IFRS17, etc…)
As part of your mission, you will interact with other teams (internal and external) and participate in the development of our solution.
Working with customers and partners on a regular basis, you will represent Moody's Analytics positively and professionally, demonstrating genuine customer focus as you work to develop solutions to our customers' challenges. You will use this 'real-life' experience to provide invaluable feedback on the performance of our products to our product development team, who you will work closely with you to ensure we remain focussed on meeting and exceeding our customers' expectations.
Moody's Analytics (MA) is the leading risk management consulting company and combines deep industry expertise with unique enterprise risk management software and analytics. The company provides software, services and information to banks, insurance companies, non-financial corporations, and institutional investors in over 80 countries.
Within MA, the Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) Division offers to Institutions a wide range of software, analytics and consultative solutions to help risk management staff understand, measure, and manage risk within an enterprise risk context. The ERS group is composed of experienced consultants working with and drawing on the insight and expertise of our world-class analytics technology, data, and software as well as market experience.
- The successful candidate will have 5+ years of experience in the Insurance business
- Customer focused with Customer's success being what matters
- Ideally he/she will have been working in an Insurance consulting firm
- He/she must have good insurance and accounting technical skills
- Must be comfortable in demonstrating and promoting software solutions and associated services
- Experience in Software Industry with good understanding of technology
- Ability to build relationships at all levels with clients/prospects and the internal organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts to a senior audience.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt with strong evidence of being autonomous, self-disciplined, highly organized, able to multi-task, and attentive to detail.
- Have a good understanding of IFRS 17 (or financial reporting process) requirements, analysis and methodologies
- Work in cross-border/cross-disciplined teams remotely or at client site.
- English native speaker or perfect fluency. French language skills considered as a strong advantage .
- Main Degrees Discipline in Accounting - Mathematics - Finance - Actuarial Science - Computer Science or related subject
- Experience in a software implementation role.
- Professional accounting qualifications and/or experience related to IFRS would be a plus
- Actuarial qualifications would be a plus
- Experience planning and delivering complex projects.
- Experience leading meetings, presentations and/or workshops.
- Willingness to travel - domestically and internationally - approximately 50% of the time.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.