Associate Director - Academics
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 21 May 18 2018-05-21
Associate Director - Academics
The Role: Associate Director, Academics
The Location: Charlottesville, VA; Boston, MA; New York, NY; Centennial, CO
The Team: We are seeking an associate director to lead our academics team. This role will report into the head of the Public Sector segment as part of the larger Non-Financial Corporates team. In this role, you will lead the segment for University and Public Library clients as well as serve as the product lead for academic related content and workflows on all Market Intelligence platforms.
The Impact: The Academics business covers Universities, Business Schools, Law Schools, Academic Libraries, Finance Labs and Public Libraries. It spans personas such as Professors/PhDs who engage in Academic Research and Faculty/Students who participate in classroom or online learning. In this role, you will develop products, accelerate adoption and usage, increase global market penetration, drive client retention and ultimately grow the overall revenue of the business. In order to achieve these goals, you will establish the strategic direction of the group, build customer profiles and targeting strategies, identify organic and non-organic business opportunities and collaborate with a wide range of internal and external partners.
Working with colleagues from the larger Public Sector team, you will set the direction for developing value propositions for an entire suite of products. Regularly meeting with strategic partners, senior executives, and clients to identify global opportunities, you will run the product development process and develop a robust pipeline for long-term growth.
What's in it for you: This is a great opportunity to grow a strong business with incredible market penetration and a prestigious client roster. You will have the opportunity to spend time building up our future generation of users while ensuring that our data permeates impactful academic research. You will be supported by a global team of professionals who have a track record of developing and growing sustained business lines. We champion the entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, and teamwork that set the bar for excellence.
Business Accountability - 20%
- Overall accountability for financial performance and key measurements for success
- Measure, monitor and improve profit-and-loss for the group
Market Analysis - 20%
- Build and articulate strategic vision of the academics segment including segmentation, sizing and key opportunities
- Partner with the sales team and conduct diagnostic research with clients to uncover client and market needs
- Conduct win / loss analysis and perform competitive analysis
Strategic Direction - 20%
- Translate analysis into insights and actionable solutions to support long-term product vision & strategy
- Identify and prioritize product development opportunities
Product & Go-To-Market - 20%
- Create product and go-to-market roadmaps for key features and initiatives (including driving awareness of existing product) with the goal of defining what will be done and when, and regularly meet with business partners and senior leaders to drive each roadmap
- Build client acquisition/retention plans around each new initiative
- Work with sales and customer support to create applicable and valuable collateral
Adoption & Performance - 20%
- Collaborate and support sales & market with lead generation and adoption
- Participate in industry-focused activities and create thought leadership
- Measure adoption and performance for your clients and products
What We're Looking For:
- College degree in a related field, MBA with concentration in finance preferred
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in finance or financial services
- Demonstrated ability to successfully implement business improvements
- Understanding of the decision-making process within Universities
- Experience with academic research
- Experience with leading a P&L and with business development
- 20-30% Travel, including International
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.