- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Director - Advisory Services
Location: New York, NY, USA
The person in this role will be responsible for the delivery of consulting, implementation, model calibration and client facing projects within the Insurance Services team. This is through a combination of direct client work and through leading/supporting team members in projects to implement software and content solutions for actuarial pricing, capital, asset allocation and risk management applications. Responsibilities include:
- Leading work on the training and support of our clients in relation to insurance focused stochastic modelling products, models and calibrations. This includes hosting and co-ordination of onsite training sessions and the delivery of training on these products and their underlying quantitative modelling techniques. In addition, the role holder will have responsibility for the development, maintenance and delivery of training and support to our clients
- Working with the sales team to engage with prospects in meetings/workshops to justify the use of our products and content-services. Position requires travel within North America which is largely self-managed and planned in advance
- Working with the sales team to define solutions and draft technical specifications for commercial agreements.
- Maintain and develop client relationships and key stakeholder relationships across the insurance business. This includes building relationships at both a technical and business level. Working directly with clients to support the implementation, training, documentation and validation of our insurance focused stochastic modelling products and services. Projects are varied and can involve a combination of activities run from our Moody's Analytics offices and also onsite with clients
- Produce analytical work for clients based on the application of financial modelling to life insurance, asset allocation and risk management problems. This will include use of the Moody's Analytics (B&H) ESG and wide stochastic modelling tool kit in the following areas:
- Configuring solutions for clients and working with them to implement our solutions.
- Working with our modeling operations team to configure bespoke content services
- Development and advisory projects with regard to bespoke modelling and calibration services
- Engaging with key stakeholders across our research and product development teams to represent our client 'voice' in the development of our software and content solutions with a focus on the North American Insurance market.
Enterprise Risk Solutions - Insurance
Qualifications / Experience:
- Master's degree in quantitative subject (financial mathematics, mathematics, physics, etc.).
- Significant progress towards achieving a professional qualification - Actuarial, CFA etc.
- Insight and knowledge of the modelling used in the Life Insurance sector.
- Experience in a financial institution (e.g. within an insurance company, consulting firm or financial software provider).
- Understanding of financial mathematics e.g. derivative pricing, interest-rate modelling, econometrics, stochastic processes, Monte-Carlo simulation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with teams from different backgrounds and at all levels.
- Experience of coaching, project management or project lead roles
- Experience of working with commercial teams to define technical specification for projects and services
- Experience of using and calibrating Moody's ESG is advantageous.
- Strong understanding of the usage and applicability of an ESG in the North American insurance market.
- An in-depth knowledge of the regulatory and competitive landscape of Scenario Generation in Insurance.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.