Associate Director, Generalist Personas and Entity Profiles
Associate Director, Generalist Workflows and Entity Profiles
S&P Global Market Intelligence is seeking an Associate Director of Product Management
to lead our capabilities that deal with enhancing product-market fit for the Generalist (non-Industry Specific) user of S&P's data. Encompassing the effective design and display of data across entities, including company, index, fund, industry and geography profiles, this role is responsible for providing direction, management, and innovation that will enhance our effective display of essential intelligence across the Market Intelligence desktop, Capital IQ desktop and mobile application. The Location:
New York, New York The Grade:
12 (Internal Use Only) Our ideal candidate will have:
The Career Opportunity:
- An understanding of financial institutions, and the broad range of personas operating within them.
- A deep understanding of financial analysis and the use of financial data.
- A proven track record of driving business decisions and execution by providing actionable insights based on facts
- An enthusiasm for seeking input and driving consensus with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience managing product managers
The position plays a key role on the S&P Global Market Intelligence Desktop Product Management team and for the organization. The Product Manager role offers exposure to all groups and opens doors for tremendous career opportunities with S&P Global. In the role, you will be responsible for enhancing and innovating the portrayal of data and analytics for entities across the S&P Global Market Intelligence Platform, with a focus on designing for widespread user adoption. You will also be responsible for interfacing with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that what we build drives real client value. Our Hiring Manager says:
"Successful candidates will combine an understanding of the financial data and workflows with experience building and working with financial information platforms. The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a user of financial data, be able to design effective operations and processes that keep a fellow consumer of the data via Desktop and Mobile platforms firmly in mind. In addition, candidates should be able to work well in a team and be highly self-motivated with the ability to execute independently". About you:
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- You have a passion for building product and working at the intersection of financial data and technology systems
- You have an entrepreneurial work ethic and can work with initiative across teams to accomplish goals.
- You have a deep appreciation and knowledge of financial content and financial professional workflows.
- You are able to empathize with others viewpoints and appreciate diverse perspectives.
- You can present to diverse audiences commanding both subject matter and technical expertise.
- You can multi-task and manage multiple projects at a given time and under tight deadlines.
- You have experience leading a team of product managers.
The Desktop Product Management team works in close collaboration with our clients and internal teams and divisions -Sales, Marketing, Account Management and Client Services, Content, and Technology- to refine and deliver the roadmap for platform Generalist Workflows and the development of Entity Profiles. Your job is to create the best possible product for our client, including:
What we're looking for
- Serving as product or project owner on several high profile, high impact deliverables for broad platform deliverables, from concept through launch.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to build the long-term roadmap for how we profile Entities on the MI Platform, and information architecture and design for the Generalist user experience.
- Work with our customer segment teams and customers to understand, refine and deliver a system that meets their requirements.
- Develop and executing on go-to-market strategies for product rollout/launch.
- Be the subject matter expert on platform display of information via Entity Profiles across Desktop and Mobile.
- Lead the migration of users from legacy platforms/capabilities by developing superior user interfaces with essential financial information.
- Serve as a platform ambassador for the entire Market Intelligence Platform.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- BA/BS in finance, business, or related fields.
- 6+ years of FinTech product management experience working with Agile/Scrum. Experience with SAFe a plus.
- Strong knowledge of global financial markets and financial institutions.
- Experience working with complex financial data.
- A professional, highly dedicated, detail-oriented, and energetic personality, with the ability to work and thrive within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver complex solutions.
- Demonstrable, directly related product development work experience. Familiarity with major data, research and analytics platforms a plus.
- Excellent presentation skills. Ability to take on internal and external presentation responsibilities
- Management experience, ability to lead and develop a global team of Product Managers.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
259445 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States