Associate Director, Innovation and Strategy
Associate Director, Innovation and Strategy The Location:
New York City Grade
: 12 (for internal use only) The Impact:
This is a high-impact role in Innovation and Strategy Group of S&P Dow Jones Indices ("S&P DJI") focusing on index product innovation and the business strategy of S&P DJI. Individual will support strategic initiatives and analyses from the Innovation and Strategy Team. The Opportunity
: This Role will give applicant high profile exposure to innovative index development opportunities to apply analytic, project, and influence management disciplines to new index product development. This role will also support strategic initiatives such as competitive analysis, deal analysis and support, market research, and innovation facilitation. The Team/The Business:
The index business is a fast growing, high margin intellectual property licensing and data business catering to asset managers, banks, exchanges, and investors globally. A small, dynamic team affords multiple roles and exposure to a wide variety of projects and business cases. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $82,600 to $188,600. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
- Assist in analysis, development, and launch of innovative, non-traditional indices, including those using alt-data and cutting-edge technologies such as machine learning and distribution ledger technology.
- Design and execute index development projects, formulating recommendations and obtaining stakeholder buy-in
- Research and analyze strategically relevant markets and clients to identify and make recommendations on new business opportunities
- Lead projects and develop recommendations that support business strategy and key growth objectives
- Conduct comparative analysis against competitors and develop strategic plans of product direction and features
- Work with marketing, sales and public relations to position new indices
- Create and implement the business plan as appropriate
- Establish an ongoing and systematic process to monitor and assess strategic opportunities/risks outside S&P DJI's traditional business environment and organization. Identify and monitor key trends impacting the index market ecosystem.
- Facilitate divisional innovation process via variety of tools
- Assist with index product strategy across asset classes to develop proactive strategies to respond to markets' continuing evolution
- Work on potential transactions (joint ventures, equity investments, partnerships, and M&A) with selected index-related companies
- Work with selected companies to integrate capabilities into S&P DJI's business processes
- Develop market inquiry/outreach plans and interpret results of product/platform opportunities
- Participate in and represent S&P DJI in professional associations, conferences, and other external activities as appropriate
- 8+ years of generalized experience
- 5+ years of financial services experience - asset management, portfolio analysis, consulting
- Financial data, benchmarking, or index experience a plus
- Broad knowledge of industry and competitive landscape
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems using in-depth industry expertise
- Ability to express complex ideas and analysis in simple, compelling ways to junior and senior audiences
- Strong impersonal skills with the ability to work across the business and interact with business leads, internal partners, senior leadership, and clients
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
- MBA or equivalent
- Strong writing, conceptualization, and analytic skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with numerous external and internal constituencies
- Ability to work independently
- Exposure to relevant financial markets
- Management consulting or business development experience
- Analytic skills a plus
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
260315 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States