Associate Director, Research & Design
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
Associate Director, Research & Design
The Role: Associate Director, Research & Design
The Location: New York, NY
The Team: To aid the efforts of the Global Research & Design team in the Americas region. This role handles all aspects of research and design for equity and multi asset indices and involves generating investment ideas, backtesting strategies, finalizing methodologies, publishing research papers, and other collateral. The associate director also supports the sales, marketing and business development process by speaking and meeting with clients and index users and maintains key relationships with clients in support of the indices.
- This is a key role that combines responsibilities for communicating complex ideas to internal and external clients with hands-on, detail oriented research
- Problem solving: This is a fairly complex responsibility in terms of analytical problem solving. It needs a good understanding of the "language" used by product issuers, the "math" of index research and design, and writing skills to write research reports.
- Decision making: The decision making challenges are high, given the wide spectrum of clients and partners this role interacts with.
- The measure of success is the robustness of the new index pipeline and strengthening of analytical relationships with business partners in the Americas.
- Conceptualize and design new indices using a combination of analytical, commercial and regulatory considerations.
- Write research papers on new and existing indices, and provoke thinking on practical, deliverable, new investment concepts.
- Represent the firm's analytical leadership on new ideas and existing with strategic partners with a focus on pension plans and consultants.
- Represent S&P Dow Jones at media engagements, conferences and other client events.
- Coordination with the rest of the Global R&D team, as well as other functional groups, primarily the Client Coverage team, Product Management, Channel Management and Index Managers. Must be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines. The projects involve; requirements gathering, analytical thinking, compilation of business requirements, index development, and documentation.
- Strong communication with a variety of both internal and external clients.
- 3 years of experience plus preferred
- Substantial data analysis experiences.
- Extensive hands-on experiences with portfolio back-testing and simulations
- Good understanding of investment process and portfolio theory.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Prior experience with financial data applications (Factset, Compustat, etc.)
- Ability to use, or prior experience with Matlab, S Plus, Python or R a plus
- Experience in speaking in media or industry events desirable
- Advanced degree in Finance or Economics, CFA charter holder preferable
- Prior experience in investment setting preferable
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
To all recruitment agencies : S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
The Role: Director, Market Data Acquisition