Associate Director, U.S. Equities
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
Associate Director, U.S. Equities
The Role: Assistant Director, U.S. Equities
The Location: New York, NY
The Team: Support the Managing Director, Head of U.S. Equities in driving the business growth of the U.S. equity and retirement index lines. Assist with research analytics, client servicing, operational support and business strategy to position the U.S. equities for optimal success.
- Calculate performance statistics and analyze index data for research papers, client presentations, marketing seminars and other inquiries to help answer questions and provide the data behind thought leadership
- Answer client inquiries by providing helpful data and web links to index pages and collateral, respond in a timely manner to internal and external clients and track reports and summaries of client activities.
- Manage the launch process for new indices and assign data packaging. This includes entering requests for index launches and web launches into the system, following the launch step by step, making sure it is on track, attending launch process meetings, liaising closely with various index committees and report progress or issues.
- Create and update methodology documents, write and approve web descriptions, develop collateral materials and pitchbooks,
- Gather and analyze market data on competitors including comparing methodologies and keeping track of assets, products, and news around competitors to our indices. Make recommendations on positioning SPDJI indices in the marketplace based on findings.
What We're Looking For:
- 5 years plus of financial services experience, either in indexing, investing, trading, analysis, data, or portfolio management preferred.
- MBA, CFA, or equivalent experience
- Must possess strong conceptualizing and logic skills; quantitative analysis skills essential. Programming a plus.
- Must be comfortable in a sales-like environment and be able to effectively communicate with third parties including clients, alliance partners, vendors and others.
- Demonstrated ability to patiently drive for results while maintaining good relations with a variety of constituents
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as part of a team; can effectively influence others and gain their consensus when needed
- Ability to liaise with the technical group and understand a product's technical aspects
- Demonstrated business plan writing, competitive intelligence skills, information gathering and market research skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle steep learning curves; very comfortable dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful; able to get things done with limited resources under tight time frames
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.