Associate ESG Product Manager
Description About this role
The Aladdin Product Group (APG) sits at the heart of BlackRock, responsible for designing, building and operating Aladdin. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry's thought leaders to build innovative and next generation products that shape financial markets. We are 1,400 strong and we eat, live and breathe tech.
Sustainability is BlackRock's new standard for investing. To adapt to this new standard, investors will need a comprehensive understanding of their sustainability-related risks. As the standard for portfolio construction, Aladdin is best suited to provide this transparency enabling investors to deliver better risk-adjusted returns to their clients. Climate change will have a profound impact on the global economy, which will lead to a repricing of risk and assets. The seamless integration of sustainability-related risk analytics will allow BlackRock and Aladdin clients to accelerate the evolution of their investment process. As an Aladdin ESG product manager, your chief responsibilities are to deliver ESG products and workflows across the Aladdin platform. You will understand and contribute to product vision and strategy while mastering the build and deployment details. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual. In this role, you would:
- Gain a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and customer and identify product gaps ultimately defining the vision establishing Aladdin as the essential platform for ESG data and investing.
- Inspire collaboration across the organization to help you bring your products to life across the platform.
- Work collaboratively with the team, internal and external stakeholders to set and deliver a roadmap and a coherent product backlog that supports the clear product vision and commercial outcomes.
- Evangelize the direction internally and externally while continuously maintain, prioritize and iterate on this backlog to deliver on predetermined success criteria.
- Lead the cross-functional product, design, development team while deeply understanding end users to translate data, analytics and design ideas into commercial products.
- Support the full software develop lifecycle (SDLC) for ESG integration through gathering requirements, analyzing user needs, designing the solution and ultimately delivery.
- Predict potential issues in implementing ESG across the platform and find the best solution (including integrating new data sources and capabilities).
- Support the product launches where relevant, collaborating with partners (including comms, marketing, social, etc.) across the business to develop and align on a go-to-market plan.
- Successfully implement & deliver ESG analytics within clients' Aladdin environment
- A team of world-class engineers, product managers, and UX professionals that build solutions for BlackRock and over 100 organizations who use the Aladdin ecosystem.
- Insatiable curiosity about the FinTech ecosystem, emerging products, and technologies.
- An agile, growth environment with new business and product opportunities every day.
- A desire to make BlackRock and the Aladdin community better via both disruptive and incremental innovation.
- 3+ years of experience in product management, bringing technology to market in demanding environments.
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding product strategy.
- Commercial acumen: ability to classify business challenges into distinct projects, deliverables or components, and define product success criteria.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills across business and technology, with experience communicating product visions in a compelling way to stakeholders.
- Open, collaborative and proven team player, with an ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance or support. Strong organizational and problem-solving, including ability to juggle competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence. You should have a desired and ability to manage teams to deliver results.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies. Experience with iterative development practices (such as Agile), and product management methods.
- Ability to learn quickly, with a strong intellectual curiosity.
- Passionate about climate-related issues and sustainability to establish domain expertise in financial technology solutions.
- Familiarity with Aladdin and risk analytics is a plus.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.