- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Hunt Mortgage Group
- 21 Jul 18 2018-07-21
The FP&A team provides direct support to the senior executive team in the areas of planning, forecasting, reporting and strategic analysis.
The Associate is a key member of the FP&A team. In addition to supporting the budgeting/forecasting and management reporting activities, the Associate is involved in various ad-hoc and strategic projects that drives executive level decision making.
Essential Job Functions
- Support financial planning and analysis related to the firm's real estate lending platform.
- Support weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual management reporting.
- Prepare analytics on financial related trends, and translate the analysis into clear and actionable insights for multiple audiences.
- Assist with the preparation of budgets/forecasts.
- Collaborate with business users to define process requirements and create and customize financial reporting according to business needs.
- Support ad-hoc and strategic projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. (CPA a plus)
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum three years' professional experience in accounting, FP&A or other finance role
- Knowledge of financial accounting, familiarity with US GAAP
- Experience supporting management reporting, budgeting/forecasting activities
- Proven data mining, manipulation and analysis skills
- Highly proficient with MS Office Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in real estate finance, the broader financial services sector and/or public accounting preferred
- Highly responsible individual with great attention to detail
- Able to work effectively under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great attitude and strong work ethic
- Collaborative, team-oriented, service-oriented
Requires a self-motivated individual who pays close attention to detail and who can prioritize in a fast-moving environment with excellent consulting, client management and business literacy skills. Takes initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation. While working in an independent and reliable manner, team work and effective communication will also be necessary for success.