- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Associate, Financial Engineer
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business analysts in modeling structured finance transactions
- Brainstorm, design and develop an enterprise software product
- Create technical design documents and present the details to a larger audience
- Design and implement re-usable code libraries
- Ensure the product is highly configurable and extensible
- Work collaboratively with a core team of architects, developers, and business analysts spread across different locations
- Participate in architecture and design reviews for projects that require complex technical solutions
- Completed or pursuing a bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering, Software Development
- Experience with object oriented/functional programming languages like Java, C++, Python, etc. (Python experience is required)
- Knowledge of Relational and NoSQL databases is a plus
- Knowledge of distributed frameworks such as Apache Hadoop, Storm/Spark/Kafka is a plus
- Knowledge of AWS cloud services such as EC2, EMR, RDS, S3 is a plus
- Strong debugging, analytical, and problem solving abilities
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.