Associate Financial Engineer
- This role will be mainly responsible for providing client support and addressing client needs in the structured finance sector. You will work directly with key business stakeholders to build and support key structured finance applications.
- Demo, train and implement solutions using our structured finance product suite
- Ad hoc reporting for clients (incl. investor and traders) using Python, VBA and SQL languages
- Develop use cases and/or specific requirements based on internal and external stakeholders requirements.
- Liaise between the engineering, program management, and development teams as well as facilitate understanding of the design requirements
- Assist with special projects and participate in architecture and design reviews for projects that require complex technical solutions
- Create technical design documents and present the details to a larger audience
- Work with development and content teams to improve data management, model consistency and predictability
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's) or graduate/second-level degree (e.g. Master's) with an emphasis in financial engineering, computer science, engineering, math, finance, or a related quantitative field preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in the structured finance industry.
- Working knowledge of Python, VBA, SQL or other scripting or coding languages required
- Experience in cash flow modeling strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of financial concepts and securitization
- Solid quantitative skills and analytical problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm, and ability to learn quickly and excel as part of a dynamic team
- Attention to detail and ability to work and learn independently
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.