- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Financial Engineer (FinTech)
Location: New York, NY, USAIn this role you will be a member of the Moody's Analytics' team creating and supporting some of the industry's leading software solutions for the structured finance industry. You will be involved in all aspects of SDLC, working directly with key business stakeholders to build and support key SAV applications.
This is a short-term, 3 month assignment starting immediately. We are open to candidates able to work a full 40 hours per week, or part-time with a commitment of 20-25 hours per week.
- Collaborate with business analysts in modeling structured finance transactions
- Brainstorm, design and develop an enterprise software product
- Create technical design documents and present the details to a larger audience
- Design and implement re-usable code libraries
- Ensure the product is highly configurable and extensible
- Work collaboratively with a core team of architects, developers, and business analysts spread across different locations
- Participate in architecture and design reviews for projects that require complex technical solutions
- Perform gap analysis and provide business solutions
- Completed or pursuing a bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering, Software Development
- Experience with object oriented/functional programming languages like Java, C++, Python, etc. (Python experience is required)
- Knowledge of Relational and NoSQL databases is a plus
- Knowledge of distributed frameworks such as Apache Hadoop, Storm/Spark/Kafka is a plus
- Knowledge of AWS cloud services such as EC2, EMR, RDS, S3 is a plus
- Strong debugging, analytical, and problem solving abilities
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess a strong attention to detail
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.