Associate, General Accounting / Corporate Controllers
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Jul 18 2018-07-15
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Business Unit Overview:
The Global Compensation Accounting team is responsible for recording all items related to Compensation and Benefits in the financial records of BlackRock, comprising over half of BlackRock’s cost base. The Global Compensation Accounting team forms part of the Finance Controllers team and consists of two hubs based in NYC and Edinburgh.
This is an Associate position based in NYC. The key responsibility of this role being oversight of accounting pertaining to employee benefits within the US, Canada and Latin America. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for the global accounting relating to employees with mobility between regions a fast and growing area for BlackRock. A key aspect of the role is to work with primary stakeholders to improve the end-to-end process for both US benefit and mobility programs. As such the candidate will be working alongside stakeholders from HR and external tax professionals and providing support to Finance Controllers and internal tax teams. Responsible for coordinating the completion of monthly expense and balance sheet variance analysis reporting packages and reviewed with management. The role reports to the Head of Americas Compensation Accounting.
- Responsible for all benefit and mobility accounting month end close deliverables Responsible for preparing reconciliations and subsequent certification of the balance sheet, in particular hypothetical tax withholding and other mobility related accounts.
- Full responsibility for supporting and driving process improvement for all aspects of mobility and benefit accounting
- Liaise and build strong working relationships with Payroll, Human Resources and other parts of Finance including legal entity controllers and tax.
- Oversight of inter-company journal preparation for internal recharges of mobility related costs
- Drive process improvements including automation of Revenue Recognition (IFRS 15) bookings and allocation of benefits to business cost centers
- Project management and process improvement experience
- Opportunity to make a difference and have high impact on key stakeholders such as BlackRock Finance
- Collaboration with internal partners located across the globe within a multinational organization.
- Experience or working knowledge of general ledger systems, such as Oracle Financials, and the impact of benefit and compensation related transactions
- Ability to challenge the status quo in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong drive to improve processes to work more efficiently
- Prior experience liaising with other groups and teams including external auditors
- Experience in financial services or equivalent large corporations
- Strong task management and organizational skills
- Post qualified accountant – CPA preferred, but not required
- At least a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an accounting role
- Advanced excel and data manipulation skills
- Prior use of general ledger systems such as Oracle, HFM a plus
- Strong project management, organizational and interpersonal skills required
- Possess a strong internal drive and motivation for continuous improvement
- Ability to manage multiple priorities successfully within a deadline-driven global environment
- Self-starter, highly numerate, quick learner, team player
- Ability to partner with external vendors and internal stakeholders to achieve tight monthly deadlines
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.