- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Mar 18
Associate Lead Analyst 1
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
The individual will be primarily responsible for the analysis of the quantitative, structural, legal, and credit aspects of CLOs and other structured credit transactions, publish research, and work on special projects intended to enhance Moody's analytics and research. The candidate will be expected to lead rating committees and offer his or her analysis of the potential credit impact of the terms of the transaction documents. At times, the individual will work closely with legal analysts and other supporting staff in rating transactions.
- Act as a lead rating analyst for cash flow CLOs and other structured credit transactions. Model cash flows and analyze transaction documents for the purpose of determining credit risk and ratings
- Communicate with clients, including arrangers, issuers, and investors, and participate in issuer operational reviews
- Publish insightful, timely and in-depth research reports on credit issues affecting the industry
The Department / Team:
The Structured Credit Group (SCG) reviews a wide range of securitization structures comprising collateralized loan obligations (CLOs), structured notes, repackaged bond transactions, and other structured credit products.
- Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Financial Engineering or related quantitative field with at least 2 years of experience as a structured finance analyst or in related occupation involving credit analysis for structured finance transactions. Knowledge of CLO transactions is a must. Candidates with an undergraduate degree but with strong CLO work experience will also be considered.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills essential
- Strong modeling skills and ability to perform cash flow analysis with MS Excel or other structured finance analytical tools
- Strong analytical orientation
- Working knowledge of legal matters involving structuring and operation of structured transactions
- Sound judgment and highest ethical standards
- Capable of developing independent opinions and defending own views
- Professional, pro-active, flexible, diligent and dependable
- Ability to adapt to changing market conditions and business environment
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative, without the need for close supervision
- Rating agency related experience is a plus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.