- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Mar 18
Associate Managing Director - Head of Relationship Management (US - Structured Finance)
Location: New York, NY, USALeader of Relationship Management for the Structured Finance Group (which consists of ABS, RMBS, CMBS and Structured Credit) in the United States managing a team of Account Management and Business
Senior role accountable for the development and execution of commercial strategy with a focus on extending existing customer relationships and developing new business relationships.
Scope and key Responsibilities:
- Overall line management of the US Structured Finance Group within the Relationship Management team. Lead the efforts to attract, hire, train and retain talented staff while optimizing the organizational structure.
- Develop efficient and effective account management plans. Establishing customer outreach strategy; setting and ensuring that the teams are meeting annual targets for face-to-face meetings, market coverage and billings.
- Lead the design, implementation and execution of a strategic business development plan for the US Structured Finance Group. Develop and implement a variety of new business initiatives and implement best practices in sales techniques to achieve the sales target for the team.
- Provide feedback on product needs/ideas/concepts to the Product Management team where appropriate.
- Work closely with Marketing, Pricing and Operations groups to optimize the functioning of Relationship Management for the US Structured Finance group.
- Acts as facilitator of expert panels in internal and external meetings; speaker at conferences and events.
- Lead review of team budget, forecast and staffing needs for the team.
- Expected to spend up to 30% of the time on the road meeting customers.
The Global Commercial Group's various responsibilities include; establishing and maintaining business and pricing relationships with Moody's rated entities and issuers of debt securities, rating product development, creation of value and strategic marketing collateral and corporate development for the business. The department provides these service for banking institutions, corporations, municipal governments, public institutions, structured finance products and funds
- Ability to think holistically about a market in the broader context of their own and other territories and able to formulate a strategic and tactical plan for the Structured Finance Group with high autonomy. This includes a detailed SWOT analysis for the area and concrete proposals regarding how to fully exploit opportunities and how to address gaps.
- Ability to effectively and eloquently chair several meetings daily with customers and intermediaries across a large range of different profiles on short notice or with little preparation.
- Speak and communicate convincingly in front of senior management, customers and larger audiences.
- Maintain active relationships with customers and intermediaries at all levels independently and with minimal oversight.
- Ability to easily switch between Account Management and Business Development roles and to develop others to do so.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- High autonomy in achieving business objectives, strong leadership and management skills.
Academic Qualifications / Work Experience:
- Minimum of Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics. Graduate degree desirable.
- 10+ years of experience in the financial services industry, mainly in structured finance. Experience in a management position in a sales, business development and/or client relationship role is essential .
- Expert level knowledge on structured finance instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.