Associate Product Manager
Business Analyst The Location:
New York City or Centennial, CO Grade level:
09 (internal purpose only) The Team:
With over 20,000 employees working across 95 offices all around the world, the diverse and vibrant community at S&P Global is unlike one you'll find anywhere else. This is an opportunity to join the Technology Product Management Team working closely with business stakeholders to define and deliver IT solutions to a variety of business problems in a highly collaborative, agile environment. The Impact:
We are in search of a highly motivated individual who is ready to take their career to the next level in a fast-growing company. Do you love defining solutions to complex business problems as well as getting in the trenches and working with the team to get the work done? Do you like working with state of the art technology? Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $46,200 - $155,900. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . What's in it for you:
You will be a contributing member of an Agile Scrum team accountable for delivering high quality software to internal and external customers. The chance to dig in to complicated technical details surrounding product requirements and specifications. Work with and guide our Product Owners, Software Architects and others to fill in technical gaps in requirements. Build and improve your skills by working with new technologies Responsibilities:
- Work with Champion, Technology Product Owner and Technology Leads to analyze proposed solutions and work with their Scrum team to define MVP for delivery within the time constraints provided.
- Build knowledge and expertise of products, services, or technologies and content and methodologies offered by S&P Ratings.
- Adhere to Scrum process following Agile principles.
- With guidance build knowledge of business requirements, data models, user interfaces and navigation specifications that bridge business need with systems design/deliverables.
- With guidance tailor presentations/communications to varied audiences (i.e. business vs. technical and working group).
- Support Product Owner or Scrum Master to build backlog and Scrum activities, with appropriate experience or training play the role of Scrum Master for their team, driving towards highly optimized collaboration.
- Support post build roll out and adoption activities, including communication and user engagement using digital processes.
- Support analysis of regional jurisdiction business and control differences to ensure solutions designs meet our global user base.
What We're Looking For:
Candidate should have familiarity and foundational understanding of the below concepts:
- Use Judgment based on practice and precedence to accurately define problems by trying to understand underlying factors/causes.
- Proposing, implementing, and evaluating technical solutions to business problems
- Strong writing, conceptualization, and analytic skills
- Strong interpersonal skills - Well developed communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information
- Ability to form questions and hypothesis about long-term strategy of business and follow through with technical solutions
It is beneficial is the candidate has experience with the below:
- Scrum Master / Managing the Agile process.
- Commercial customer facing products
- Big Data, Data Science, Data Governance, Content Management
- Risk & Regulatory
- Change Management
- Digital customer engagement and outreach
- Digital Training Development/Design
- BA/BS degree in a related area such as finance, economics, information technology, or business
S&P Global Ratings
- Proven related professional experience (BA, QA or management consulting)
Preferred proven experience in a financial industry/financial services
Demonstrated understanding of the following:
Equity and Corporate Credit Analysis; Structured Finance; Ratings Process; Finance/Accounting
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
258994 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States