- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 18
Associate, Relationship Management – Corporate Finance Group
Location: New York, NY, USASummary - Goals are to initiate and promote a positive relationship with new and existing customers, proactively service, retain and grow revenues for a given Corporate Finance portfolio of MIS issuers.
- Commercial liaison for new and existing customers. Use sound judgment to determine appropriate rating products and services to offer to Issuers/Bankers. Must be focused on detail and a high level of customer service. Will need to send/receive and track rating applications for necessary engagement process. This may require extensive follow-up and diligence.
- Participate in direct issuer calls/visits (as warranted) to enhance account relationships, gain competitive feedback, negotiate fees and illustrate the Moody's Value proposition.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for issuer calls/visits.
- Work closely with the analytical teams (LOBs) to ensure a high service level is met in delivering Moody's rating products and services to our customers.
- To determine the appropriateness of rating products within the Moody's Product Suite, while avoiding any specific fee discussions or other topics that are restricted between the Analytical teams and Commercial.
- Exercise discretion/judgment to advocate on behalf of customers for reasonable non-analytical requests (Research/Access to Conf. Calls/etc.) and communicate concerns to management as needed.
- When necessary, prepare and obtain approvals from senior management for pricing exceptions and creatively propose alternative pricing structures for unique deals.
- Work with the Billing Department to facilitate timely distribution of invoices.
- Partner with Collections Team to resolve any outstanding issues in order to expedite payment of outstanding invoices.
- Provide various weekly updates to management of pending transactions.
- Notify issuers of annual fee revisions (as need be) and gather customer feedback on price changes.
- Interact with internal teams such as Collections and Global Middle Office regularly
- Support team in any ad hoc reporting requirements
Moody's Commercial Group establishes, maintains and manages the business and pricing relationships with Moody's rated entities and issuers of debt securities and intermediaries in the capital markets. The department interfaces with issuers of fixed income securities and other capital markets participants such as corporations, mutual funds, municipal governments, public institutions, originators and managers of structured finance products, and intermediaries in the capital markets. The group articulates the value of Moody's ratings in the execution of transactions, is responsible for the development and launch of innovative ratings based products, communicates pricing strategy, and negotiates all commercial contractual terms with issuers.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in related field (Economics, Finance, Marketing, and Accounting).
- 0-3 year's work experience
- Should have strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Should be organized, diligent and have the ability to multi-task
- Self-starter with strong time management skills and an ability to effectively meet tight deadlines for multiple projects, requiring continuous follow-up.
- Looking for a committed team player.
- Attention to detail is a must.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.