- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Software Engineer
Location: New York, NY, USARole/Responsibilities:
This is an opportunity for an individual with a software development background to join Moody's CSS group, to develop and maintain sophisticated credit risk models in MATLAB.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record of interacting directly with stakeholders, working as part of a team on complex issues, and bringing tasks to a resolution quickly.
While the primary focus will be MATLAB, there will be the need to work with C#.NET VB.NET, Excel, VBA and SQL as required. Some mathematical and financial knowledge is required, so that the mechanics of the analytical methodologies can be understood. Experience with foundational software development tools and processes is also required: source control, issue tracking, unit testing, continuous integration, etc
This is an excellent opportunity to work directly with thought leaders in credit risk and gain global exposure to a variety of asset classes with a strong focus on structured finance.
This role will suit a highly motivated problem solver with excellent communication skills and a proven ability to use their own initiative and work without close supervision.
• Working directly with financial enginners in under to understand their modelling requirements
• Design, develop and maintain quantitative models using MATLAB, C#.NET, SQL, VBA and VB.NET
• When applicable, write the technical requirements of the quantitative models.
• BSc (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Financial Engineering or a related field.
• Outstanding MATLAB development skills
• Experience with foundational software development tools
• Mathematical background (statistical / numerical analysis)
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Fluency in English a must.
• Detail oriented and highly organised
• Rigorous and analytical thought process
• Able to work on own initiative and without close supervision
• Experienced in working to tight deadlines
• Experience in Financial Services is advantageous
• Experience with C#. NET, Excel, VBA and SQL skills
• Monte Carlo analysis and structured finance modelling are advantageous
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.