Associate, Sustainable Product Strategist
Description About this role
BlackRock is the #1 Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) provider globally with $2.6 trillion in assets under management in its iShares line of ETFs and approximately 35% share of the global ETF market.
With more than a decade of ETF innovation and expertise, iShares is a trusted leader in the ETF industry. We serve investors of all sizes, including advisors, personal investors, wealth managers, banks, asset managers, pensions, and insurers. The platform offers clients a comprehensive range of products that provide precise, transparent and cost-efficient access to a full range of asset classes and global markets. Role and responsibilities
iShares currently has a range of Sustainable Investing ETFs in the U.S., with approximately $40 billion in assets under management. The Sustainable Investing platform includes broad ESG, Sustainable Thematic and Impact ETFs. The Sustainable Product Strategist will be responsible for helping to build and transform the way investors understand, analyze and implement Sustainable funds within their portfolios. This role will help drive the education and investment insights to significantly expand our distribution efforts, continuing to position us as the clear market leader and a strong partner to our clients.
This role reports to a Senior Product Strategist and will work closely with the BlackRock Sustainable Investing (BSI) team as well as partners across Marketing, Product Innovation/Engineering, Product/Portfolio Consulting, U.S. Wealth Advisory, Institutional and the overall ETF business. Key responsibilities include:
- Fund Positioning and Competitive analysis
- Maintain performance data, ESG metrics and analysis for funds across the platform provided to team and distribution partners
- Draft the positioning of our funds by running regular attribution, performance and competitive analysis that will be used in client and media engagements
- Maintain a broad vision of the Sustainable investing landscape in order to identify trends and new opportunities
- Partner with Senior Product Strategists and partners to contribute to and coordinate compelling investment insights in papers, presentations and implementation guides
- Help with the ongoing maintenance and regular updates to client content and weekly internal content
- Partner with internal teams to produce tools and other resources to enable broader education and integration of ESG metrics within iShares
- Client engagements
- Provide data and analytics support to Senior Product Strategists and act as point person for sales inquiries
- Closely collaborate with our client facing teams and distribution partners to deliver key narratives, product knowledge and technical expertise on our funds and competitors with clients
- Monitor fund changes and opportunities for fund enhancement by working with stakeholders and product partners
- Coordinate inquiries and ongoing engagement with index provider partners
This is a dynamic role in the fast-growing ETF category, with the opportunity to help catalyze sustainable investing and define how investors of all types can implement across portfolios.
Qualifications and experience
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience. The ideal candidate will have experience in product strategy, interfacing with clients through 1-1 engagements and group presentations, and ESG analysis/research
- BA/BS required; Series 7, 63 preferred
- Strategic and analytical thinker with excellent written and quantitative skills, as well as the ability to articulate and communicate complex concepts into simple terms
- Strong commercial market awareness, client acumen, attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, and a 'student of the markets' mentality
- Ability to build relationships within the firm, and to coordinate thoughtfully across investment teams, sales, and product teams
- Demonstrated track record of driving results and working collaboratively through difficult problems in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct, FactSet and ESG data providers/research a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.