Associate, Technology Product Manager
Description About this role Aladdin Research Product Owner
The Aladdin Product Group (APG) sits at the heart of BlackRock, responsible for crafting, building, and operating Aladdin. Being a member of APG means working with the smartest in the industry to build innovative products that shape financial markets. We are 1,400 strong and are passionate about using technology to tackle our clients' toughest problems!
Sitting at the intersection of investment research and technology, Aladdin Research unlocks value for fundamental research workflows. We are redefining our 3+ year vision for Aladdin Research, shifting upstream to strengthen our external commercial position for active investing. Aladdin Research currently operates on the cutting edge of Aladdin initiatives. In 2021, most of our Sustainable Investing capabilities will debut in Research, we are introducing new APIs, and look to push boundaries via platform integration by linking new content, screening, analytics engines in a novel user interface.
As an Aladdin Research product owner, your chief responsibility will be delivering product improvements, driving product adoption, and leading product increments enabling us to meet Aladdin Investor objectives and key results. You will work closely with Aladdin client and BlackRock's active research teams in order to understand client personas and their processes. Applying investment process fluency, you will also contribute to our product strategy while mastering the build and deployment details, improving the efficiency of the development team. Your insights and execution of our strategy will drive engineering and modeling teams to help you deliver world-class research capabilities and a superb customer experience. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual. Key Responsibilities:
- Define and measure business and technical performance. Prioritize product increments and set roadmap to ensure delivery on annual key results.
- Own prioritization of our Aladdin Research backlog. Define requirements, set prioritization, map dependencies, mitigate development blockers, and collaborate with partners to define deployment strategy.
- Lead the cross-functional product, design, and development team to optimize delivery while supporting the full software develop lifecycle (SDLC) for Aladdin Research.
- Evangelize product value internally and externally while developing key product relationships. Serve as a resource to all clients regarding our capabilities in the context of their businesses.
- Gain a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and technology trends to identify product gaps, ultimately conceptualizing impacts to the product offering and strategy.
- Deeply understand research personas and workflows across sustainable investing, screening, analytics, and manager research capabilities to improve Aladdin Research's core offering.
- Actively engage with existing clients to acquire feedback to remaster user journeys and improve platform usability.
- Lead the publication of the following artefacts:
- User Stories for each major product component
- Component Documentation, including Product Roadmaps, Product Increment tear sheets, User Documentation, demonstration scripts
- Release management, including test cases and collaborating with partners on release communication
- 3+ years of related proven experience, including in product management or investment processes.
- Demonstrated capacity for delivering on product strategy.
- Commercial acuity: you are able to classify business challenges into distinct projects, deliverables or components, and define product success criteria.
- Experience with iterative software development practices (such as Agile), and product management methodology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across business and technology, with experience communicating product visions for partners across the organization.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and planning skills, including ability to balance opposing priorities
- Open, collaborative and proven teammate, with an ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance or support.
- Unbridled interest in understanding and solving problems. Curious and eager to learn new concepts quickly.
- Basic familiarity with investment research concepts desired
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Finance, or equivalent practical experience
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.