Associate, U.S. RMBS
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 20 May 18 2018-05-20
Associate, U.S. RMBS
The Role: Associate, Structured Finance Ratings, U.S. RMBS
The Location: 55 Water St, New York, NY 10041
The Team / The Impact: The Associate is primarily responsible for analyzing transactions backed by U.S. residential mortgages. In addition, the Associate will be responsible for aggregating data and information to be used to present to rating committees. The Associate also participates in reviewing operational capabilities of issuers and lenders, identifying market trends, and contributing to market research and commentary. In addition, the Associate may act as the primary analyst for U.S. RMBS transactions and is eventually an active, vocal voting member to the rating committee and prepares material for ratings publication.
What's in it for you:
• We prepare our most successful Associates and Associate Directors to become our future senior analysts that act as spokespersons and senior analytical leaders in sector teams. A high performing Associate/Associate Director is likely to be considered for rating more complex and higher profile issuers, as well as for investor outreach.
• Build a career with a global company
• Grow and improve your skills by working on research and analysis with global impact
• Develops research, analytical and reporting skills and familiarity with debt rating methodology and standards essential for active participation in S&P debt rating activities.
• Assembles pertinent financial, technical and other data essential to S&P debt rating activities, and applying acquired research, analytical and reporting skills, makes recommendations to the rating Committee.
• Conducts model analytics on mortgage pools to assess default and loss expectations as well as cash flow sensitivities on transaction credit enhancement.
• Reviews legal documentation to assist in analysis of transaction structure and preparation/formation of rating rationale and recommendation.
• Informs issuer or his representative of Rating Committee's decisions and to the extent possible, commensurate with experience, explains rating rationale.
• Participates in Rating Committee meetings prior to voting, as assigned.
• Participates in meetings and on-site visits with debt issuers and their representatives, as assigned.
• Prepares material for publication.
• Contributes to research and development of US RMBS criteria and related market commentary.
What We're Looking For:
• Must possess an MBA, JD, or CFA degree with 2-5 years of experience in the financial services industry; alternately, significant direct experience in the required asset class may replace educational requirements.
• Must have a strong understanding of financial markets and business environment including implications for S&P's analytical products and services.
• Be able to monitor relevant market trends, is knowledgeable and well informed on issuer, industry and market developments.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be able to work effectively in a team-oriented, global, and multi-cultural environment.
• Have the ability to undertake rigorous analytical work and be proficient at writing analytical reports.
• Strong ability to work with financial models and data, including credit and cash flow models; familiarity with LEVELS and Intex a plus.
• Proficiency in technological software which may include Microsoft Excel, VBA, C++, etc.