Associate, Vendor Risk & Contract Management
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 20 Oct 18
Associate, Vendor Risk & Contract Management
The Role: Vendor Risk & Contract Management
Your Impact: This role is instrumental in ensuring that S&P Global Ratings follows policy and procedures when engaging with vendors, in particular that contracts and related documentation meet quality standards, the procurement process is efficient, and vendor risk assessments are robust.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight and assist in managing the quality and timeliness of procurement and risk assessment processes
- Review Purchase Requests and related documentation to help ensure requisite quality standards are achieved
- Review contracts (MPSA, MSA, SOWs, Order Forms, etc.) to ensure clear, correct and comprehensive agreements are developed in conjunction with the Engagement Owners and Corporate Procurement
- Review Vendor Risk Assessment outputs to ensure risk has been appropriately assessed
- Ensure compliance to processes and policies to reduce / mitigate risks
- Support difficult or complex contracts and assist with managing "hot vendors"
- Serve as designated back-up signatory for Ratings third party contracts
- Support Vendor Management and Vendor governance activities
- Capture, track and manage vendor concerns / escalated issues and help drive to effective closure
- Assist in developing / participate in vendor governance reviews (i.e., QBRs, vendor follow ups, etc.)
- Support periodic evaluations in conjunction with Corporate Risk
- Optimize S&P Global Ratings' ability to comply with vendor management policies and procedures
- Support the drafting and maintenance of procedures and guidelines
- Partner with key stakeholders to test controls and assess risks related to vendors and affiliates
- Support remediation efforts, where required, to improve the risk and control framework
- Provide recommendations on opportunities to streamline processes
- Respond to regulatory and other requests for information, as required
- Draft and/or review written responses to regulators, internal auditors and other requests for information on the Ratings Vendor Management Office
- Support ongoing working groups and/or oversight committees
- Support or lead continuous improvement initiatives and projects to help mature the vendor risk & contract management model as well as the affiliate operating model
- Assist in creating and developing training and user guides for S&P Global Ratings colleagues
- 7-10 years of experience in a similar or equivalent Vendor Management role
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Manages own work with limited supervision. Provides on-the-job training/support to new team members
- Strategic Sourcing and Contracting expertise
- Knowledge of operating in a regulated entity
- First-class communication skills, including an ability to influence stakeholders across the organization, to speak effectively in small and large-group settings, and to write clearly in internal memos, presentations and e-mails and in formal letters to regulators
- Able to manage complexity, including troubleshooting problems or developing process or other solutions
- High attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment
- Flexible and accommodating work ethic in an ever-changing work schedule
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.