Associate or Vice President - Credit Risk Management (Leveraged Lending - Securitized Products)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The talent and passion of our people is critical to our continued success as a firm. Together, we share five core values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic:
1. Putting Clients First
2. Doing the Right Thing
3. Leading with Exceptional Ideas
4. Giving Back
5. Committing to Diversity and Inclusion
Morgan Stanley is committed to helping its employees build meaningful careers and we strive to be a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. Firm Risk Management
Firm Risk Management (FRM) enables Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Our mission is to serve as the follow roles:
• Independent agent to set consistent principles and disciplines for risk management
• Strategic advisor to Firm management for setting risk appetite and allocating capital
• Industry leader to influence and meet regulatory standards
You will collaborate with colleagues across FRM and the Firm to protect the Firm's capital base and franchise, advise businesses and clients on risk mitigating strategies, develop tools and methodologies to analyze and monitor risk, contribute to key regulatory initiatives and report on risk exposures and metrics to enable informed and strategic decision-making. Through thoughtful analysis and clear communication we are best able to bring our ideas to the table and improve the Firm.
Firm Risk Management values diversity and is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees.
Firm Risk Management's unique franchise promotes:
• Flat, flexible and integrated global organization
• Collaboration and teamwork
• Credible, independent decision-making
• Organizational influence
• Creative and practical solutions
• Meritocratic and diverse culture
Credit Risk Management (CRM) provides independent oversight of the Firm's credit risks and acts as the guardian of the Firm's capital. (CRM) evaluates credit risk transactions and approves, rejects or modifies them based on their overall risk profile and the availability and appropriateness of arrangements for reducing or mitigating credit risk. CRM assigns Internal Credit Ratings which quantify the level of risk; establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; and monitors and reports on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Chief Risk Officer and senior management. CRM also interacts with business units to ensure that credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
The credit group covering securitized products provides independent credit analysis in support of Morgan Stanley's lending and sales and trading business. The group is also responsible for analyzing and approving mid-size and large commercial and industrial company debt as security for these transactions. Position Description
This role in the Securitized Product and Financial Institutions groups provides senior analysis of credit requests on companies from Morgan Stanley's new and existing clients whose debt will be used as collateral for lending and trading transactions. This role will be responsible for making credit recommendations and providing approvals on the debt.
Responsibilities will include the timely and comprehensive completion of credit analysis supporting loan and trading requests, managing the relationship with the business unit, and presenting collateral analysis to senior CRM management. This role will also oversee the monitoring of the collateral portfolio companies pledged to existing facilities. Primary Responsibilities
• Lead in analyzing credit requests from new and existing clients whose debt will be used as collateral for lending and trading transactions
• Work with the business to approve and determine haircuts and valuation levels for the loans to be pledged as collateral
• Ensure credit transaction team receives information necessary to complete borrower transaction analysis
• Oversee analysis and documentation of business credit recommendations including credit collateral memos and financial forecasts. This will also include, documentation of credit approval of the collateral requests.
• Monitor portfolio of existing collateral credits for warning signs of potential deterioration of credit profile
• Maintain an active view of single name, sector, and industry trends and communicate with senior CRM management and liaise with industry specialists within CRM
• Perform additional ad-hoc assignments upon request 210488546_FC1 Qualifications: Skills/Experience
• Experience with leverage lending in Credit Risk at a large financial services firm, including experience with portfolio level risk analysis and reporting
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university; CFA and/or FRM / PRM preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including delivering effective presentations to senior management
• Strong technical skills, including comfort working with large datasets via SQL; experience with VBA; strong PowerPoint skills; familiarity with business intelligence tools
• Experience and willingness to collaborate with colleagues in other geographic locations
• Ability to meet deadlines and deliver quality with keen attention to detail 210488546_FC1