Assurance TS CMAAS Project Management Advisory Manager
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PWC - US
- 18 Nov 17 2017-11-18
Assurance TS CMAAS Project Management Advisory Manager
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.
Members of the Transaction Services practice help clients navigate through complicated transactions and events, from evaluation through integration, in a multifaceted business environment. PwC helps clients negotiate with confidence. Some of the world's most prestigious companies rely on our buy-and-sell side due diligence capabilities and turn to us for advice on financial reporting, valuation and tax issues. We also provide advice and project management for capital raising events such as initial public offerings, secondary listings and private placements. For companies in distressed situations, we advise on crisis avoidance, financial and operational restructuring and bankruptcy.
Clients rely on PwC to help them make informed and empowered decisions to invest, divest, raise capital or reorganize. As our clients execute on their chosen strategy, our focus turns to helping them extract value.
PwC's Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services advises our clients, primarily Fortune 500 public companies, and large financial institutions such as private equity and hedge funds, in moments of exceptional change around deals, stress and accounting change helping them shape strategy and transformation. Our main areas of focus include:
- Capital markets such as IPOs, spins, debt raisings and capital structure advice;
- Alliances such as enter/exit JVs, strategic alliances, licenses, collaborations, etc.;
- Crisis, restructurings and restatements; and,
- Deal strategy and readiness including navigating accounting complexity and change.
We advise our clients across the deal spectrum to capture value.
With a consulting mindset, we solve our clients' complex accounting and financial reporting matters around deals or other transformational events.
CMAAS employs a team based structure to tackle clients' needs with a solution oriented approach to creatively address complex financial reporting problems. We work on high profile transactions with significant interaction with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisors. We have a coaching environment with both formal and informal systems in place as well as continuous on the job training to ensure industry leading personal and professional development.
Project Management Advisory (PMA) delivers project management solutions to our clients in connection with high profile deals and transformational events. PMA uses proven project management methodolog, processes and tools to provide services that are customizable and scalable depending on our clientÃ¢â,¬â¢s needs. By enhancing project transparency, discipline and communication, PMA helps clients lower project costs, enhance efficiencies and improve stakeholder satisfaction.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 4
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in accounting or other business field of study
Certification(s) Preferred: Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred. Active CPA license or equivalent (e.g., Chartered Accountant) preferred
Participate as an individual contributor and a team member alongside senior CMAAS/cross-functional PwC practitioners and other professionals (eg, bankers, lawyers, auditors, advisors) to deliver project management solutions to clients in connection with high profile deals and other transformational events relating to the areas of focus listed above. This includes demonstrating proven extensive knowledge of or success in the following areas:
- Operating in a project engagement role as part of a Project Management Office, including using proven project management methodology to develop and implement common forms of project management procedures and tools such as project plans, governance structure, status reporting, communication framework and/or issue registers.
- Performing in a project engagement role within a professional services environment, preferably with a background in providing core assurance/auditing services and/or services relating to transactions (e.g., IPOs, divestitures and business combinations)
-Managing multi-disciplinary teams, developing and maintaining strong relationships with key executives, displaying strong executive communication skills, and exhibiting effective problem-solving and business analysis skills
Demonstrates a strong interest in deals, capital markets, complex accounting and other transactions-based activities and should expect to operate in a high pressure, fast-paced work environment.
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success with managing teams in a professional services consulting firm, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Staying current on applicable technical accounting and financial reporting standards, create and manage a full implementation plan and plan and communicate milestones to demonstrate value add to the client on a regular basis;
- Reinforcing firm compliance requirements and applying to client engagements;
- Developing and sharing a point of view on strategic business issues and trends, anticipating the impact of technology developments on client needs, and surfacing relevant behavioral patterns as potential trends;
- Integrating frameworks and models into an analytical approach to develop insight into organizations;
- Coaching team members on problem-solving techniques and guiding them to use more sophisticated tools and frameworks.
- Modelling and encouraging team members to learn about cultures that differ from their own, leveraging this information to adapt effectively their working styles;
- Articulating a perspective on relevant global trends and how they impact client challenges;
- Applying global industry-leading practices, global economic perspectives, and local territory cultural nuances to shape solutions and recommendations.
- Motivating others, helping them to understand and visualize goals;
- Helping others plan their development
how they will achieve their professional and personal goals;
- Displaying respect and fairness when managing others;
- Evaluating the performance of team members on the basis of merit and skill, addressing performance issues in-the-moment.
- Helping team members determine the impact of their communication styles on others and coach their abilities to collaborate with and respond to clients and individuals;
- Targeting and expanding a network of internal and external relationships;
- Demonstrating integrity, ethical decision-making and behaviors that build trust across teams and with clients;