Audit Director - Broker Dealer
The Audit Director is a senior level management position responsible for contributing to the strategic direction of Citi's Internal Audit (IA) function, in coordination with the Audit team. This role is also responsible for managing multiple teams of professionals. The overall objective of this role is to direct audit activities that support a subset of a product line, function, or legal entity at the global or regional level, in accordance with IA standards, Citi policies, and local regulations.
This role executes and directs the timely delivery of high quality, value added audit assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
This role will focus on coordinating the assurance coverage of the Broker Dealer - Citi Global Markets Inc. This role will include producing relevant Management Information (MI) for reporting to the CGMI Board as well as completing the Risk Governance Framework (RGF) assessment of CGMI.
CGMI is a wholly-owned, indirect subsidiary of Citigroup Inc. It is a U.S. registered Broker-Dealer and Investment Adviser with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and is a registered Futures Commission Merchant (FCM) and Swap Dealer (SD) with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). As Citi's domestic broker-dealer, CGMI covers all capital markets and investment banking products and is the primary legal vehicle for Markets & Securities Services (MSS) - one of Citi's core segments comprising institutional activity. CGMI has a major presence in the domestic capital markets as a dealer, market maker and underwriter in equity and fixed income securities. CGMI's trading activities encompass cash, exchange-traded and OTC derivative markets. Responsibilities:
- Oversee assurance deliverables covering material broker-dealers at Citi globally, in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies; and focus on assessing design and operating effectiveness of the controls implemented to address Principal Risks impacting these legal entities.
- Deliver multiple current audits to specification, and ensure the delivery of audit reports are complete, insightful, timely, error free and concise
- Contribute to the delivery of reports outlining IA's contributions, and oversee audit's coverage and reporting on common high risk areas
- Provide independent assurance on the design and operating effectiveness of an area, at a global or regional level
- Ensure timely delivery of comprehensive regulatory and internal audit issue validation, including issues arising from other external parties
- Ensure IA meets/exceeds expectations, and support and drive the IA Transformation Program and IA's and management's efforts
- Improve the identification, measurement, management, reporting and controls in governance, risk and control environments
- Support and endorse the Quality Assurance (QA) function of IA, and resolve issues found by QA, improving audit processes and coverage
- Ensure the adoption of Citigroup and Citibank Audit Committee Charters and the IA Charter, and engage in internal/external negotiations
- Oversee various tasks to build the audit team, including recruiting staff, developing and training the team, and managing the budget
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of experience in a related role
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) preferred
- Demonstrated success in business, functional and people management
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to remain unbiased in a diverse working environment
- Effective negotiation skills
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
Internal Audit Job Family:
Audit Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting