Azure Cloud Engineer
Our client, a global banking and financial services company is seeking an Azure Cloud Engineer for its downtown Manhattan location. Responsibilities:
- Develop Cloud Deployment/Architecture, Cloud Security and a Controls Framework aligned to security frameworks such as CSA, CIS and NIST for multi-cloud environments.
- Design, develop and review security architectures for cloud and cloud/hybrid based systems.
- Possess a firm understanding of the offerings within Microsoft Azure platforms, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and SaaS applications such as O365 and others.
- Design and implement cloud-native architectures and designs that will allow those requirements to be met with a minimal degree of risk to Organization and with appropriate security controls present.
- Design and Develop Cloud-specific security policies, standards and procedures e.g. Identity and Access Management (SSO, SAML), and Privilege Access Management (PAM), Firewall management, SSL/IPSec, Encryption Key Management (BYOK), Security incident and event management (SIEM), Data protection (DLP, encryption), Vulnerability Management in partnership with Infrastructure Services, and Application Development.
- Conduct cloud security analysis of prospective vendor and internal application architecture based on Industry best practice Cloud Cyber Risk Framework.
- Perform Cloud Security Assessments of Cloud platforms/environments using industry standard frameworks such as ISO, CSA-CSM and NIST.
- Execute on Cloud Security engagements during different phases of the lifecycle assessment, design, and implementation.
- Engage with other groups in the Bank to ensure that all architecture efforts are integrating with the Bank's overall IT vision / strategy / architecture.
- Lead and participate in the identification and assessment of Cloud technology and solutions in close partnership and collaboration and work with engineering teams to develop a strategic implementation roadmap for Cloud security technologies as necessary.
Why Consider a Contract/Temp Role?
- The successful candidate is likely to have a degree in Computer Science (or comparable) or similar vocational qualifications and advanced training in a field of relevance.
- 5+ years of experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud Platform, O365.
- 5+ years of experience driving the adoption of and achieving successful DevOps practices across organizations.
- 5+ years of Security Architecture and/or Engineering experience.
- 5+ years of experience with agile development (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc).
- Experience with Privilege Account management (CyberArk) preferred.
- Experience with perimeter security and firewall technologies (Cisco, Checkpoint) preferred.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code Automation (Terraform) preferred.
- Experience with Application and Infrastructure code scanning preferred.
- Experience with Log management and monitoring preferred.
- Experience with Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) preferred.
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Ansible) preferred.
- Experience with Vulnerability Management preferred.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting).
- Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
- Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and in making timely and prudent technical risk decisions.
- Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving capacity.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated and strong leadership and management skills.
- CISSP, CCSP, AWS, Azure certifications preferred
Visit us at www.phytontalent.com for more information. Phyton Talent Advisors is a proud winner of the Inavero's 2017 Best of Staffing® Client Award & Named by Forbes as One of America's Best Professional Recruiting Firms
- Get a foot in the door while evaluating your fit with an employer
- Fill in the "gap" while you continue to look for a permanent role
- Build your resume by developing new skills, experiences & references
- Some companies only use professional recruiting firms to fill jobs
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, by choice, Phyton Talent Advisors will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.