BAAM - Investor Services, Data, and Reporting, Analyst
Job Description: Job Description:
BAAM is a creator of commingled and customized investment solutions designed to help investors generate attractive risk-adjusted returns across a variety of asset classes and strategies. The New York based Investor Services Data and Reporting team, comprised of approximately 13 individuals, is responsible for managing BAAM's data collection process and providing enhanced analytics to both BAAM's external clients and internally to BAAM's investment team.
At the analyst level you will specifically play an integral role in developing tools to assist the team with client reporting, marketing materials, client relationship management, risk exposure aggregation, and process enhancements and efficiency.
We are seeking a quick thinker who can multi-task in a fast-paced environment, works well in small teams, and is able to develop relationships and work closely with senior management. Responsibilities:
Responsibilities may include:
- responding to an array of client inquires on their hedge fund investments; enhanced analytics on client and prospect hedge fund portfolios
- analyzing data from underlying hedge fund managers including underlying positions, exposure information and performance attribution
- assisting in the preparation of materials for BAAM's investment committee
- maintaining and creating marketing materials
- producing customized presentations
- managing the Request for Proposal process (assisting in completion of RFP's where appropriate)
- overseeing and completing client reporting for commingled funds, customized accounts, and specialty funds
- consultant relationship support (including consultant databases, consultant questionnaires and ad hoc consultant requests)
Analysts are trained across client reporting disciplines as well as the fundamentals of various hedge fund strategies and data analysis in order to diversify their skill set and optimize efficiency across the team. This process also provides on-the-job training to help keep the team focused and motivated. Analysts also specialize in key areas to create an atmosphere of accountability, promote responsibility and generate clear career path direction. Qualifications:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Proven mastery of basic functions of task related software (Microsoft Word/PowerPoint, Adobe)
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to calculate and interpret various hedge fund quantitative metrics (return calculations, leverage/risk calculations, performance metrics, liquidity)
- Good knowledge of markets, securities and investment strategies, including an understanding of hedge fund strategies, fund structures and BAAM products and business lines
- Demonstrated understanding of firm capabilities based on process/information limitations and compliance restrictions
- Ability to creatively source and use various information required to meet responsibilities
- Meticulous attention to detail - output is consistently accurate, thorough and completed within prescribed deadlines, meeting necessary requirements
- Ability to identify areas of risk and inefficiency in processes and raises them with management
- Proactive and forward thinking
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work closely and interact with senior management
- Accountable for their work and receptive to constructive feedback
- Able to multi-task and effectively manage their own time
- Is a collaborative team player, always willing to assist colleagues and approaches all tasks with a positive attitude
- Builds relationships around the firm
Candidates should also have 1- 2 years' experience in the finance industry and an undergraduate degree is required.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.