BGC Tech: FX Business Analyst
BGC Partners is currently seeking a Business Analyst to support Fenics FX. Fenics FX is an emerging electronic marketplace for FX trading where liquidity is actionable and real. The marketplace will include trading for Spot, NDF and Deliverable Forwards and Options. Responsibilities:
- Business Analyst for the development and roll out of our new line of client facing FX trading systems, under the FenicsFX brand
- Coordinate the IT needs of all the stakeholders.
- Create and analyze detailed functional specifications that are easily understood by developers and quality assurance teams.
- Create User manuals, API specifications, and Rules of Engagement for Client distribution.
- Create Support documentation and train staff on feature changes.
- Provide elements of system design, including data migration rules, business rules, and wireframes.
- Challenge the stakeholders on presumptions of how to best execute vision.
- Interpret needs of the clients and translate into requirements.
- Act as the maestro to bring together each team to successfully roll out new products (including technology, sales, legal, marketing, and back office)
- Create and maintain clear Roll Out plan, organizing a variety of teams across the firm
- Drive implementation of changes through existing teams
- Analyze and assess current processes to define and document improvements.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the software product(s) and processes used by the organization
- Understand system and operational requirements, downstream system impacts, and legal compliance obligations
- Develop and document project best practices
- Recommend method and procedural changes.
- Handle several implementation tasks and/or projects at any given time
- Work with testing teams to ensure suitable test plans are created
- Organize and lead user acceptance testing (UAT) with the appropriate project stakeholders
- Provide daily, weekly, and/or monthly status reporting as needed
- Roll up sleeves, do what becomes necessary to see to it that quality products are delivered within realistic timeframes
- Working knowledge of business processes, system development and process improvements.
- Experience in launching FX trading platforms
- Experience providing solutions for Foreign Exchange spot and derivative products
- Proficient in gathering business requirements, such as UML, process flows and use cases.
- Expertise in modeling and mapping as-is and to-be business processes.
- Experience with complete software development life cycle.
- Understanding of technology capabilities and limitations.
- Experience designing and reviewing test cases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in delivering regulatory projects
- Experience with changes required for financial services companies and their IT departments
- Experience in delivering changes that impact Compliance and Front Office
- Sound knowledge of financial products