BGC Technology: Customer Support Analyst
The Support Analyst will be responsible for 24hr help desk support of all trade operations and customer support. Key Responsibilities:
- Provide first line response to customer trading and system functionality questions and issues; record all queries in customer tracking system.
- Learn proprietary trading system functionality and back office support to effectively communicate with customers and bring resolution to all customer queries.
- Coordinate with customer technology staff and the eCommerce team to assist in setting up new users and resolving customer issues on an ongoing basis
- Real-time surveillance of electronic trading activity.
- Provide training, trading platform functionality, and specific trading information to the different markets.
- Monitor the health and usage of all systems and escalating persistent or high-priority problems to the appropriate staff.
- Produce periodic operational reports, document and update internal procedures, and assist with special projects as needed.
- Providing front-line customer service support.
- Provide a quick turnaround to trade disputes.
Plus skill sets, but not required:
- Bachelor's Degree with 1+ years work experience in a customer service/support role.
- Exposure to commodity markets, financial trading environment, or equity. brokerage business is essential; exposure to futures markets, a plus;
- Friendly, professional telephone manner and strong interpersonal skills.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task under pressure.
- Must be self-directed and be able to work within a team environment.
- Working knowledge of computers, Microsoft operating systems, and in-depth. knowledge of standard Microsoft Office application programs.
- Ability to work varying shifts.
Skills you will learn with us:
- Ability to navigate around Linux.
- Administer Windows services.
- Shell scripting.
- The opportunity to learn about trading.
- Exposure to different technologies.
- Details of how financial markets operate.