- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Balance Sheet and Pricing Management Product Manager
Balance Sheet and Pricing Management Product Manager
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19016895
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The primary objective of the Balance Sheet and Pricing Management function is to liaise between TTS business, Treasury and Finance functions in order to establish and propagate the necessary policies and programs required to deliver against revenue, balance sheet and spread optimization objectives. Developing the tools and data analysis necessary to proactively manage the cash balance sheet in the interest of monitoring progress and performance against stated objectives/targets.
Achieving these goals requires ongoing and consistent analytical support. Sample analysis would include rate/volume analysis; LCR excess analysis; Client return analysis; spread performance; balance regressions; global comparative performance; price reviews etc. In addition, support is required for ongoing monitoring of balance sheet (b/s) items having regulatory implications.
Primarily to support LMS Global Head of Balance Sheet Management across the spectrum of stated balance sheet goals, including:
- Lead Collaboration with Insightful Analytics Work stream in the development /deployment of the Client and Balance Sheet Analytics Dashboard.
- Lead effort to develop and execute advanced Balance Sheet Management training programs and engagement.
- Engage with Finance partners to ensure LMS Net Interest Revenue is appropriately allocated clients and aligned with broader balance sheet objectives.
- Support engagement in Balance Sheet Cost forums, applying financial expertise and asset/liability/capital management techniques to optimize balance sheet utilization and returns for TTS business
- Support regional and local balance sheet partners to review transfer Pricing policy and implementation
- Engage treasury, Finance, regional balance sheet and business heads to ensure alignment of goals and allocation of b/s targets and monitor performance against targets;
- Engage Treasury and coordinate with regional LMS teams on defining, challenging and executing hedge strategies that reduce interest rate risk of the business.
- Assist in defining and executing against Balance Sheet Strategies;
- Meet business balance sheet ratio and return objectives;
- Apply financial expertise and asset/liability management techniques to optimize balance sheet utilization and return
- Support senior business management in strategic planning exercises and other business initiatives, including annual budget planning, CCAR contribution, issue resolution and regulatory responses
- Engage internal partners, in application of tactical and strategic b/s management programs;
- Enforce economically sound pricing policies throughout the organization
- Deliver insightful analytics that drive balance sheet optimization.
- Drive for automation of manual processes and analytics.
- Meet business balance sheet and return objectives
- Optimize NIR and overall financial performance
- Support balance sheet utilization in line with treasury and franchise objectives
- Achieve consistency in TPR policy and performance; enforce economically sound policies and practices
- Identify revenue opportunities that may be achieved through product design and spread management
- Drive bottom line performance through pro-active review of margins
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Product management experience strongly preferred;
- Comfortable working within a matrix reporting environment
- Competencies: Strong organizational and communication skills; resilience; teamwork
- Ability to manage and influence within a matrix organization
- Self-motivated and goal orientated
- Highly organized and responsive
- Very Strong analytical and technical skills; Excellent excel skills required; Proficient MS Access skills desirable
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)