Bank Regulatory Lawyer
- We are seeking an attorney who will be part of our U.S. Bank Regulatory Legal Group.
- This is a newly built position. The detailed coverage areas assigned to the candidate will turn on his or her expertise and qualifications. Coverage of the Global Markets Division, the International Wealth Management Division (emphasizing coverage of the Asset Management business within that division), or a focus on institution-wide bank regulatory matters (such as regulatory reporting) are possibilities.
- Core responsibilities will include but not be limited to providing U.S. bank regulatory advice to Credit Suisse's businesses and entities in connection with all aspects of Credit Suisse's operations. The candidate would provide bank regulatory expertise to assist in planning, product development, structuring, reviews of new business opportunities and the execution of significant corporate transactions.
- Instruct outside counsel as necessary.
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. The position is available in either Raleigh, NC or New York, NY. You Offer
- 2-6+ years of legal experience with a large corporation, major law firm, relevant government agency or court.
- Licensed to practice law and in good standing in New York State or eligible for registration as In-House Counsel in New York. Alternatively, for Raleigh applications, you may be licensed to practice law and in good standing in North Carolina or able to practice as in-house counsel in North Carolina.
- Strong working knowledge of regulations including the Dodd-Frank Act, Bank Holding Company Act, International Banking Act, Volcker Rule, the Federal Reserve's regulations K, W and Y, New York State Banking Law and DFS regulations.
- An understanding of financial services and investment banking, markets/trading businesses, asset and wealth management is desirable, as is knowledge of the Investment Company Act, broker-dealer regulations, Investment Advisors Act, regulatory reporting and experience with interacting with regulators (especially banking regulators).
- Excellent analytical and advocacy skills as well as the ability to speak and write clearly, and interact with business and legal colleagues in a creative and productive manner.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Hardworking, proactive, capacity and willingness to balance multiple responsibilities.
- Transactional experience, especially in drafting LP/LLC agreements and offering memoranda.
- Proficiency in drafting and reviewing internal documents such as intercompany agreements.
- Detailed understanding of Administrative Procedures Act, administrative law and agency rule making.
- Ambitious with strong attention to detail and outstanding problem solving skills
- Knowledge of AML/BSA and sanctions laws and regulations is a plus!
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.