Bloomberg Vault, Product Manager - Integrated Surveillance Applications and Workflows
Bloomberg Vault is a hosted data management service that delivers integrated trading and communication archival, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics capabilities through Bloomberg's scalable and reliable global infrastructure. We are deployed at thousands of global financial institutions who rely on Vault to help them aggregate, archive, and analyze their data to meet their regulatory obligations. We compete in a highly dynamic market and are at the forefront of exciting innovations in data science, artificial intelligence, and advanced analytics. What's the role?
As a Product Manager for this fast-growing business, you will help drive the strategy and technical development of Vault's Integrated Surveillance suite of applications from a user experience, service, administration, analytics, and visualization perspective. Your focus will be on the integration and workflows around real-time, engine-generated violations across communications, voice, and trade data sets. You must coordinate with your Engine team counterparts to incorporate additional internal and external data sets that may be incorporated into Vault's holistic surveillance policies.
You will work closely with engineering, sales, marketing, compliance, and legal teams to own the full development life-cycle of your product roadmap to support Vault's growth and competitiveness. You will also actively engage with our demanding client base and internal businesses to promote our products and integration our solutions. Beyond your specific product remit, you are expected to contribute your insights and expertise to shape our larger Vault strategy and will take on various other projects throughout the year. The Ideal Candidate
Bloomberg Vault is a high-profile and competitive business unit within a world-class organization and operates with an aggressive and innovative start-up mentality. We require individuals with the personal grit and determination to move fast, be flexible, and play an out-sized role in contributing to our success. In order thrive in our team-first, execution-driven culture, the ideal candidate will possess, or otherwise demonstrate an ability to rapidly develop, many of the following skill sets: As a Person:
As a Professional:
- Leadership & Decision Making: Accessing risk, challenging assumptions, and being empowered to make consequential decisions that are owned and execute with initiative and integrity
- Accountability & Execution: Being responsive and accountable and requiring the same of others. Thinking fast, moving fast, and delivering with precision and reliability
- Collaboration & Team Work: Embracing our culture, partnering with stakeholders, and always remaining approachable, supportive, and accessible
- Communication & Listening: Listening with empathy and communicating with purpose to turn complex and challenging concepts into organized, concise, and clear messages
- Evangelism & Presentation: Presenting and advocating on behalf of Vault to senior audiences with confidence and gravitas to win business and push their product strategy forward
As an Expert:
- Strategic & Commercial Thinking: Ability to think strategically, understand competitive market dynamics, and consider commercial models in order to develop a product vision and roadmap
- Agile Product Development: Fluent in foundational product management skill sets and agile methodologies and tools (business analysis, business requirements, JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Cross-Functional Coordination: Ability to work across product and function; setting agendas, navigating conflict, and breaking down large business problems into discrete, achievable steps
- 7+ Years of product management or relevant financial service experience
If This Sounds Like You:
- Domain Knowledge: Extensive domain expertise of surveillance, risk, and trading workflows, use cases, and front-end applications across buy and sell-side institutions
- Market Understanding: A solid understanding of the global regulatory regimes (MiFIDII, MAS, SFTR, Dodd Frank, etc.) and obligations that currently and potentially impact our customers
- Surveillance Expertise: Deep knowledge of communication or trade surveillance engines, applications, and workflows and experience in developing or managing these systems
- AI / ML / Analytics: Experience with advanced analytics, data visualizations, or deployments of AI/ML-based technologies applied to large financial data sets
Please apply if you are ready to take on an exciting professional challenge and learn a tremendous amount in the process. If there's a potential fit, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. To learn more about Bloomberg Vault, please visit www.bloomberg.com/vault.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.