- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Nov 17
Build and Release Automation Engineer
Location: New York, NY, USAResponsibilities: The Software Engineer - DevOps and Release will be part of the Engineering team, actively overseeing and working with onshore and offshore consultants with operational workload in a 24x7 window. He/she will work with the team in daily build/deployment/support of multiple Business-Critical applications, management of SCM Tools (Subversion), and management of Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar). He/she will prioritize, delegate and execute the daily workload, assess and eliminate gaps with process, routinely review/manage build automation tools, and interface with PMs/QA leads/Development leads on an ongoing basis to ensure project timelines. This position covers the entire SDLC lifecycle from development to production and includes support of ALM/PPM tools. This is a hands on role requiring direct work in the areas above. Functional Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with SCM team's workload: prioritize, delegate, and monitor the daily workload.
- Participating in process development and enhancement to improve SCM/build tools and DevOps CI/CD practices
- Evaluating and selecting third-party tools for build/deployment automation purposes.
- Support of Subversion, Jenkins, SonarCube, Nexus, Jira, Puppet and similar tools.
- Pega experience is a nice to have.
- Routinely review/manage build and deployment automation tools (Continuous Integration)
- Creating and maintaining documentation related to SCM activities.
- Assisting offshore and onshore contractors involved in SCM-related work
- Mentoring and training SCM and Development team members.
- Collaborating on operational and support activities.
- Assist management with strategizing/designing/enhancing the architecture of the Continuous Integration platform.
- Ensuring timely completion of operational requests and activities, routinely interacts with stakeholders/customers to ensure project success.
- Reports to SCM management on weekly metrics, including proactively assessing forward-facing risks.
Qualifications Education and experience) include:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 4+ years experience in a team IT environment with build and deployment responsibilities.
- Prior/current experience in an operations team responsible for routine application builds and deployments, preferably in a lead role
- Good understanding of Windows 7, 8 /UNIX/Linux, Windows Server 2008 /2012, Linux, IIS, Active
Directory, MS Sharepoint, Weblogic, Apache, Tomcat web and application server deployments
- Previous experience administering a source code management tool such as Subversion or Git.
- Experience with build and deployment automation, such as a "build master" role, is a must. Experience with commercial deployment tools such as CA Nolio (CARA), XebiaLabs, Ancible, Serena, or IBM UrbanCode strongly desired.
- Build/deployment Automation experience using Microsoft Visual Studio, Maven, Ant, Nuget, Chocolatey, NPM, and similar technologies
- Experience with Puppet, Chef, Salt or similar tools in a DevOps environment highly desired.
- Continuous Integration tool administration and configuration experience is a must - Jenkins administration preferred.
- Experience building applications using Maven and utilizing Maven with an artifact repository, such as Sonatype Nexus or JFrog Artifactory, is a must. Experience with Gradle a plus.
- Artifact repository tool administration and configuration experience with a tool such as Sonatype Nexus is a must.
- Code-quality reporting tool maintenance and administration of Sonar/SonarQube is a must. Experience with HP Fortify, VeraCode or other SAST/DAST tools desirable.
- Understanding and implementation of configuration management concepts and disciplines such as source code branching/merging strategies.
- Experience with ALM/PPM tools such as PTC Integrity, Oracle Primavera, HP ALM, Rational CLM a strong plus.
- Experience working in a SOX compliant environment a strong plus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments in a large IT project environment.
- Demonstrated ability to review and maintain SOP (Standard Operational Procedures) documentation.
- Scripting skills with languages such as Perl, Ruby, Java, .NET experience.
- Ability to coordinate automation release strategies with Project Managers, QA Leads, Development leads.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills to collaborate with consultants, stakeholders/customers (from Developers to Managing Directors), peers, and vendors
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and performance driven. Strong customer service and teamwork skills: motivated to grow and succeed.
- Availability to work during regular business workday, as well as evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to stay up to date on industry trends related to areas of responsibility. Willingness to quickly adapt and learn.
- Self-assured and confident with a professional approach.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in conducting multiple activities under pressure.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.