- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
This role is for a business analyst who will develop and implement projects for the Field Management Technology team at Morgan Stanley. The Field Management Technology team provides technology solutions essential to senior management, field managers, financial advisors and support staff for managing their business, organizing their teams, tracking their compensation, and generating revenue for Morgan Stanleys Wealth Management division.
In this role, the candidate will interact with senior management, business unit and operations personnel, branch offices and the technology teams.
The role requires a variety of business analysis and project management tasks including the following:
- Participating in all phases of the development lifecycle, including working with the business areas to collect and document business requirements, writing functional requirements documents, coordinating user acceptance testing and assisting with the deployment and roll out process.
- Identifying key business and IT contacts, eliciting requirements from business users and creating detailed functional requirements documents, use cases, wireframes, data flow diagrams, sample reports, or other similar artifacts.
- Acting as the interface and advocate between the business users and the development teams.
- Proactively identifying and managing issues to full resolution and providing status updates on progress.
- Developing into a subject matter expert for Field Management Technology applications.
- 3+ years participating in medium complexity technology projects
- 5+ years hands-on experience performing detailed business analysis and requirements specifications creation
- 3+ years in financial services settings (preferably in wealth management)
- Critical thinking and translation of business needs into technology solutions
- Ability to analyze vague project requests and clarify into specific tasks, next steps and deliverables
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and listening skills
- Full systems development life cycle experience
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid knowledge of project/portfolio management techniques and Microsoft Project
- Ability to work independently with minimal hands-on management
- Credibility and confidence interacting with senior management and other project stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of software development techniques
- Working knowledge of mainframe, distributed and web technology platforms
- Candidate should be comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Candidate should have flexibility to adapt as the project evolves
- PMP knowledge or certification