- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Feb 18
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role:
The business analyst's primary objective is facilitating implementation of structured finance technology solutions.
- Lead development cycle execution for our flagship products.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to design and develop product functionality.
- Develop use cases and/or specific requirements based on stakeholder requirements.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Liaise with the engineering, program management, and research teams as well as facilitate understanding of the design requirements.
- Drive User Acceptance Testing.
- Provide content and review documentation for release or new features.
- Assist with special projects.
- Train junior staff.
Structured Analytics and Valuations
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's) or graduate/second-level degree (e.g. MBA, Master's) with an emphasis in financial engineering, computer science, engineering, math, finance, economics, or a related quantitative field preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant business analyst experience.
- Working knowledge of relational database technologies (SQL) required.
- Experience working with scripting or object-oriented programming languages preferred.
- Working knowledge of financial concepts and exposure to structured finance preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Technical writing skills required.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm, and ability to learn quickly and excel as part of a dynamic team.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.